• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

I have bought the Nirvana to use with Khadas Toneboard, instead off a IFI PS.
The problemer I have is that the sound is heavly distorted from time to time on powerup, i have to remove the power to Khadas and inserted it again, is it because of a slow Nirvana power on or what todo?

Please contact us by email with a diagram of your connection. We have a Khadas tone board here and it works perfectly with Nirvana.

To me it seems that your AMP has some earthing issue and on power on it messes with your Khadas (most likely Xmos ) . When re powering Khadas Xmos is reset and works fine. It is perfectly possible that it works with IFI or any cheap SMPS and yet it has problems with Nirvana (CMC on AC line) and other SMPSes Unfortunate but Khadas tone boards do not have Common Mode Chokes on power lines. Earthing is always a hard subject and hard to debug. Try connecting the earth (chassis) of AMP to Nirvana earth lug (reduces the noise it makes on power on). (I assume that your AMP is earthed , 3 prong AC cable)

If your AMP is not earthed (bad) connecting the chassis of AMP to Nirvana earth lug might, still, solve the issue

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, first of all amazing thread. I just spent all my lunch break reading it...
I am currently running the following setup:
RPI 4 - Ropieee XL Roon bridge
Topping D50s USB DAC. Both are powered by a 5v 5.1A powerbank.
Hypex Ncore dual mono HP250MP amp
KEF LS50

I have been looking to take to the next level on the source side. Have been thinking of getting the RME ADI-2 DAC but hesitating due to the price. Was also considering the USBridge Sig and hesitating on the Shanto side due to cost. my questions:

1. Will I see an improvement with the USBridge Sig?
2. How would the Revolution contribute to this upgrade? The RME has rave reviews but of course costs a LOT more.

al2813
You are answering very hard questions based on subjectivity.

Generally speaking we know of noone (in thousand of units USbridge Sig) that claims RPI4 is better. Everyone claims improvements with any dac. Topping d50S was my main target when designing Rev. Not only we have better THD (by far) but we worked on sound quality as well. Topping etc is only designing with AP data with no regards to the elusive SQ.

I am ready to sell you a Rev Dac and give you 45 days money back including shipping costs in exchange for a review of Rev vs D50s. I would suggest that you use a Nirvana SMPS and you listen to both using same power.

At last , there is a review on Darko regarding USBridge SIg that appears to suggest that USbridge Sig with a cheap 5V SMPS sounds already very good .

Shanti usualy takes the whole system one step further..again on subjective not on THD+N

Path to upgrade its possible at any moment.

Hi cdsgames , thanks for the quick response. And yes happy to take on that offer (and would love to offer my honest opinion). I am based in Belgium so not sure how to proceed but maybe you can PM me. I have an opportunity to buy a Shanti second hand, so will start buying the USB signature and Rev DAC combo.

By the way, I also have the Volt + D amp (amazing for the money). Unfortunately I couldn't get to drive the LS50 properly (even with a second 24v power supply I got) and had to get a new amp.