• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

One more finding...on 128fs mode OSF bypass does not seem to give advantages on AP machine and I am unable to decide on SQ if its better than just 128FS mode..

On 128fs , I was able to solve the issue with "veiling the sound" by using a diffrent CLK gear . In fact 128fs mode works perfectly fine with 256 and 512fs (page 52 of datasheet)

So problem solved :)

I think now that the difference between them is that of preference and amp/speakers.

I removed one of the capacitors before IV stage (pre IV filter) and I could hear another change , for better in SQ , rather subtle . I organized blind test with office people and got around 75 % preference with that cap removed (there is still one more filter pre IV stage)

THD+N did not change .
Interesting that removing a capacitor made people prefer it, even when done blind, that just shows that standard measurements can't show the difference, and if so which measurement will show it, or potentially new types of measurements are needed.

I also believe that a huge SQ increase can also be found in the future if DAC chip ever increase their processing power for even more accurate SDM.

cdsgames,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you are making progress :)

Still don't understand the decision to not allow linear power supplies, however. I think you would have a bigger winner with that option, but you must have your reasons...

Revolution is made for people that are not DIY..

5V and maximum SQ using only one psu

How will it be powered then?

@cdsgames I tried with the image on your website and it seems to be better, no more clicks and cracks with Volumio.
However I have an other issue, the signature is very slow responsive compared to my old usbridge and I have to reboot it at least once a day. It's connected on a tp link WR902AC powered by the 1A Shanti output.

I play now with usbridge signature and digione signature.
The os I use is dietpi this was installed by allo.
If I play music and I push the pause button my dcs purcell upsampler get no signal and also the dcs delius dac it sounds like I shutdown the power from the dac, my b&w 800d don't like this ;)
Is this a software problem from dietpi?

Now I use gentoo player and everything works fine now.

Before when the music switch to high resolution files from tidal it plops and crashes but the problem is solved now.
This was really a software issue...

The USBridge signature I use this as my roon bridge.
Nuc8i7beh with roon rock.

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
I am still checking for a split cable ..will update when I find one

New AMP , I got a new PCB version , still a lot of work on it but we are making progress. We have developed a SMPS LLC power supply for it so its multiple projects
Is it a headphone AMP you are making?

Seems that there are already some pretty good choices in the 100-300$ category already like, the atom amp, thx, and especially the geshelli amp which has zero harmonic distortion.