Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th September 2019, 07:28 PM   #571
katwax is offline katwax
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
This is a old question (USB vs Spidif)

The input that sounds best depends on input hardware implementation on your DAC.

USbridge Sig needs 5V input, you can use whatever PSU you want but for good performance we do recommend Shanti
Got it, I trust my Control.
So usbridge sig + Shanti
Now wait for alu case to be available in EU as bundle with above

Wondering, you have 2 options SD card or eMMC -> this is just about the size or any other reasons to prefer one above the other?
Old 25th September 2019, 08:12 PM   #572
matthiasw is offline matthiasw  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14 View Post
Interesting review of Katana/Shanti on Allo's Katana Player & Shanti power supply | Darko.Audio
Shanti obviously adds tremendous upgrade over standard psu's , but comment on effect of isolator was not expected.
Yes interesting,
must say Katana is not my cup of tea.......waiting for Revolution.

Matt
Old 26th September 2019, 10:47 AM   #573
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

I just found out that PcP did not have the Axis driver since its a very light OS

We are in discussions and PcP will include the updated driver as soon as possible
Old 26th September 2019, 11:16 AM   #574
Shutdown98 is offline Shutdown98  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I just found out that PcP did not have the Axis driver since its a very light OS

We are in discussions and PcP will include the updated driver as soon as possible
Ok...
So on PicorePlayer the usbridge sig will not work out of the box at 100mbps and will not function at all because lan is not supported?

I use PcP. Please keep us updated
Old 26th September 2019, 12:12 PM   #575
diyAudio Member

Correct , our team is in contact with PcP team and they will release a beta with updated Axis driver (so full 330Mbs)
Old 26th September 2019, 06:27 PM   #576
chris14 is offline chris14
diyAudio Member

The Pi 3+ CM was a good choice for the usb sig., The Pi 4 may be noisier and not as suitable for audio. YouTube
Old 26th September 2019, 10:18 PM   #577
TimCurtis is offline TimCurtis  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Just completed initial tests of upcoming moOde 6.3.0 release (October) with SIG + Shanti + Katana + Comfast CF-912AC WiFi adapter + custom Eth/USB driver and all is working nicely :-)

Compliments to the Allo team for their fantastic support and their commitment to Open Source!

-Tim
Old 27th September 2019, 03:51 AM   #578
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I was informed that ALU boxes will leave China before Friday,,,so a few days after that Usbridge Sig with ALU box will be in stock

I2s on USbridge ...as as said a few time USBridge sig IS a RPI and as such it has everything that an RPI has..including i2s /12c and all GPIOs

Revoluton DAC is neither a Katana or a Boss.

Both those DACs are have the input as i2s , Revolution has USB input. In terms of THD Revolution beats both . Sorry but I try not to comment on subjective SQ.
Any pics of the Revolution DAC you can share?
Old 27th September 2019, 08:10 AM   #579
matthiasw is offline matthiasw  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCurtis View Post
Just completed initial tests of upcoming moOde 6.3.0 release (October) with SIG + Shanti + Katana + Comfast CF-912AC WiFi adapter + custom Eth/USB driver and all is working nicely :-)
Compliments to the Allo team for their fantastic support and their commitment to Open Source!
Any comments on SQ in comparison to Sparky/USBridge?
Thanks

Matt
Old 27th September 2019, 08:27 AM   #580
diyAudio Member

Hi Tim

a pleasure to work with you :-)

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!