• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Hi everyone,

Im currently using the usbridge sig with digione sig and i like how it sounds... i have a project where i want to use the usbridge sig with the d3 tda1541 dac.. my questions are
1. Will the usbridge benefit from reclocking using ians fifopi to output i2s into d3 dac or
2. Is it better to use usb output of usbridge going into waveio then output i2s into d3 dac

Reason im asking is that, i compared the usbridge sig with digione sig spdif output straight to my dac against spdif output going into ians fifo reclocker then to my dac and i like the sound better of the digione sig output straight to my dac.. im using crystec clocks on ians fifo reclocker..

It seems that the reclocker took away the life of the music.. i have to force myself to get involved in the music, however with the digione output, i just get involved with the music.

Anyone has the same observation?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Im currently using the usbridge sig with digione sig and i like how it sounds... i have a project where i want to use the usbridge sig with the d3 tda1541 dac.. my questions are
1. Will the usbridge benefit from reclocking using ians fifopi to output i2s into d3 dac or
2. Is it better to use usb output of usbridge going into waveio then output i2s into d3 dac

Reason im asking is that, i compared the usbridge sig with digione sig spdif output straight to my dac against spdif output going into ians fifo reclocker then to my dac and i like the sound better of the digione sig output straight to my dac.. im using crystec clocks on ians fifo reclocker..

It seems that the reclocker took away the life of the music.. i have to force myself to get involved in the music, however with the digione output, i just get involved with the music.

Anyone has the same observation?

Digione Sig already has output recloaked right before outputting stream using buffers . Instead of Crystek we are using NDK SDA oscilators (ultra low jitter)

USb vs Spidif vs i2s. Frankly before thinking about advantages and disadvantages of each bus , I think the most important thing is how the inputs were designed in the DAC. Simply put the best input depends on DAC hardware implementation . If all inputs are perfectly implemented , I would chose i2s (Master mode NOT slave)

As such there is not one answer.

There is one guy on AS forum who reported that DSD via UPnP did not work with RopieeeXL.

Maybe there is a problem with the ASIX driver?

Can you check with Harry?

Thanks

Matt

Edit: The new review on AS reported SQ issues with Ropieee too.

We have tested Ropiee extensively and it works very well. Please note that Dacs need to be native DSD on Linux and both weren't ..

Excellent review of USbridge Sig

Allo USBridge Sig Review - Reviews - Audiophile Style

Note that he found that optical module is not helping much with USBridge Sig (yeap we cleaned the common mode noise)...but I have it from a person I trust the opinion that EtherRegen is working great (good bump in SQ) with USbridge Sig.

Must be that those clean (reclocked ) ethernet packets play nice with Ethernet IC...but I have no tech explanation for it.

You mean both Ropieee(with Roon) and RopieeeXL(with UPnP)?

Matt

I briefly spoke to Harry , its on his " to do " list.

One more word about software , at this point I have been working for the last 2-3 months on getting approval from streaming companies to be able to use private keys ( I will not make public the whole list since some of our competitors are watching this thread, I would rather surprise them )

Once we get all approvals (basic one we got already) we will see best way to implement .

Hi

small updates.
Revolution Dac is getting along quite nicely , screen is working without any errors (i2c)

Next week , we will get the last PCB revision and then we can enter mass production...I expect it to start (mass production) in Dec end

We are also trying to implement H2 and H3 control...basically you will be able to increase/decrease those harmonics for a nice euphonics control of your DAC . Seems that controlling those H open up the sound (but are detrimental of course to the THD, still we think its nice to play with them)

Nirvana , has been under full load for almost 2 weeks. Temp is very stable , between 40 and 44C in a rather warm environment . We are trying to make a bundle with Revolution Dac

At 0.5A (rev dac) we are observing noise thats around 0.2uV and alu case is at room temp (+ 2 to 4C)