• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

3 way Shanti

Hi,

I am intersted in more info about Shanti.
I have a katana, and use it with a Audiophonics LPS for the MC and iFi Psu for the Isolator.
The Audiophonics Psu becomes too hot , as does the Katana itself.
I also bought a 15v Psu (audiophonics too) for the Opamp (it's coming) so I will try it next month!

I am wondering if you are planing in the future to design a 3 way Psu (2x5v 1x15v) so It would power everything.

Thanks

Antonio

Joined 2003
Paid Member
As excited as I am about the Shanti supply, I'm MUCH more excited about the 'Audiophile RPi'.

Ever since Sonore came out with the MicroRendu in 2016 where they took an IMx6 processing module and wedded it to a purpose-designed board for an audiophile USB endpoint, I've been waiting (and occasionally poking some select companies) on doing the same for the RPi world. THIS IS IT!

While I get that the choice of using the RPi Processing module precluded upgrading the clock, it sounds like EVERYTHING ELSE has been covered in spades! AND while it may take a little work to get going with common distros such as Moode, Volumio, PiCorePlayer, AudioLinux, and others, I'm quite sure it will be worth every Linux command-line headache!

I've posted occasionally about the RPi's I modified using LDOVR.com's Mezzanine board that replaces an RPi 2B's onboard DC-DC converter chip's 1.8V & 3.3V rails with linear-regulated power. AND the improvements those brought to my RPi playback world. With a good I2S-connected DAC, the SQ I get from those modified RPi 2B's begins to close the gap with my modified SDTrans384 SD card players... basically the modified RPi's are in the same SQ class as a modified SDTrans powered by a good AC-connected linear supply, though not as good as when powered by the exotic setups I use for my reference digital sources. I suspect the Allo 'Audiophile RPi' will come a lot closer to de-throning the SDTrans as the pinnacle of my digital sources, whether outputting I2S or USB audio.

AND yes, I will try USB audio out of this new 'Audiophile RPi', if just to hear the new Revolution DAC.

Color me 'pumped and excited'!

I hope I can get a quantity discount, I'll likely need four of the beasts!

Greg in Mississippi