• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Usbridge Sparky has a very old kernel . An older kernel might work better with your DAC , but thats not the issue.

Did you try to change the OS to see if its related to DietPI ?

At last please email me with your email and I will put you in touch with tech support

I haven't tried changing the OS yet, I know moode is a no-go as it doesn't have the latest libstdc++-6 required for HQplayer NAA, maybe volumio has the requirement covered.

My Email is: acesko92 @ gmail dot com

The .deb control file has what appears to be the correct Depends line.

Code:
Depends: libasound2 (>= 1.0.16), libc6 (>= 2.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.5), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2), debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0

moOde 6.3.0 (Raspbian Buster) shows that libstdc++6 is installed.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ apt list libstdc++6
Listing... Done
libstdc++6/stable,now 8.3.0-6+rpi1 armhf [installed]
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc*
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6.0.25

I'm not experienced with creating or debugging .deb.files but maybe the HQPlayer maintainer could take a look? I'd be happy to run whatever tests are needed.

-Tim

The .deb control file has what appears to be the correct Depends line.

Code:
Depends: libasound2 (>= 1.0.16), libc6 (>= 2.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:3.5), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2), debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0

moOde 6.3.0 (Raspbian Buster) shows that libstdc++6 is installed.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ apt list libstdc++6
Listing... Done
libstdc++6/stable,now 8.3.0-6+rpi1 armhf [installed]
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc*
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6  /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6.0.25

I'm not experienced with creating or debugging .deb.files but maybe the HQPlayer maintainer could take a look? I'd be happy to run whatever tests are needed.

-Tim

Do you have an account on Audiophile Style forum?
If yes, then send "Miska" a PM. He replies quickly.

Matt

Maybe a really old one but I don't recall what it is and I barely have enough time to keep up with Moode Forum and diyAudio :-0

I'm thinking that maybe @nanekiu can broker this one. Miska can contact me via tim at moodeaudio dot org if he has time to investigate. I'm not ruling out some sort of bug or breakage in moOde OS with regard to this particular lib but I'm not seeing anything amiss so it's prolly going to take at least two heads to noodle it.

Randy , I would sugest to check with diyinhk if there is an upgrade firmware because it seems to me the issue comes from device firmware.

I reached out to diyinhk, but they said to make sure my i2s wires were not too long and also to reinstall windows.
I asked about an updated firmware, but they were silent on that subject.

It really doesn't feel like a xmos firmware issue either, since it works great with a PC running linux (using the hqplayer NAA image loaded on a usb stick).

Since I figured out how to set the clock frequency to eliminate pops at dsd256, I'm fine anyway.

Randy

Maybe a really old one but I don't recall what it is and I barely have enough time to keep up with Moode Forum and diyAudio :-0

I'm thinking that maybe @nanekiu can broker this one. Miska can contact me via tim at moodeaudio dot org if he has time to investigate. I'm not ruling out some sort of bug or breakage in moOde OS with regard to this particular lib but I'm not seeing anything amiss so it's prolly going to take at least two heads to noodle it.

I managed to fix the issue, I just needed to reflash moode, and lib 6.0+ got detected.

Is there a simple way to get the Shanti to output 7V? The outer pot can adjust up to 5.8v, and the inner pot doesn’t seem to have an effect on the voltage. A resistor or two perhaps, like the LDOVR modules have?

I know there is headroom because the transformer is 7.5VAC, netting about 10.5V. (I also discovered that despite being set at the factory for 230V, Shanti produced 4.99V in North America :facepalm:)