• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Correct . 2 Nirvanas SMPS vs 1 Shanti dual output LPS

I never paid attention to our mains power strip..I am using only one (strip). No filters inside the strip (but both Shanti and Nirvana have good AC filter designed by us)

Mains cable (ac) is just a standard cable..nothing special about it. (both Nirvana and Shanti)

Hehe , come on , find some issues with it..:)

I tried switching back and forth using my old SMPS (far east made). I cannot stand it after Shanti or even Nirvana .

I want to add that all 27 capacitors (3300uf each) were changed to a type that has better thermal resistance . This will translate in a long life for Shanti..

We tested for noise...maybe 2dbV lower?? But at -140dbv (floor noise of our machine) we think its beyond measuring and besides we seen some variation depending on the time of the day (and machines connected to mains)

Feast your eyes .

I cannot believe its finally done . Nirvana final I think this is the tenth (15 maybe) PCB version . I spent about 1 years in testing . Pricing will be very . very competitive with IFI (but above)

Specs , noise is 0.2uV 0-20Khz. 8200uF on the output stage . 6 layer PCB , USB connector (charge your phones with clean power it will make an Iphone 6 better than X :) (I am trying to get better in BS)

Switch is for DC side earth on/off (chose what sounds best on your system) high side is always earthed

Alu case .

Will open next week a new thread

Attachments

• nirvanafinal.pdf
    270.3 KB · Views: 389
Are you powering RPi and Katana both from Shanti? Are you using the isolator?

THD+N testing was done with no isolation . However I am using the isolator since Shanti is a true dual LPS (galvanic isolation between the 2 AC/ DCs) and using it direct is violating the GND separation .

Still most data I have seen show that having 2 power sources (isolated) will make the noise from first board flow into 1 PSU and so on...even though GND is shared (and test data confirmed that)

Mark this one is for you .

La "Revolution" is coming . DSD 512 , USB input using Xmos . OPA 1612 output stage refined (datasheet is crap).

We are optimizing for SQ , THD+N at -114 tested (floor of our AP) unofficial -116 on RCA!!!!! NO ess hump.

Attachments

• Revolution.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 436
Greg , Soundcheck , Wietesche, Jazz (yeap its a revolution) and many others that believe in us and that challenged our point of view

this one is for you. (yeah I know Greg that you don't believe in USB , but try our platform)

I call it " Usbridge Signature " aka Audiophile PI version 3.1415927 :)

Sorry I am not that great in bull crap.

Any RPI HAT can be used on top. (RPI standard connector included)

We have been testing in "secret" for the past few months . RPI compute module 3B+ (latest) based . 8 layers PCB. 30 LDOs (every single rail) . Ethernet GB filtered by isolation transformers (normal)+ common mode choke approved in 2019 for noisy auto environments . Compute module (again RPI) feed by multiple LDO, no switching elements on board (0)

We fixed the Ethernet that RPI foundation could not . Speeds of 320Mbs up and down. No USB clicks or noise. We tested counting bytes and none is lost. There is a price to pay..you need to install our driver for Axis chip on Rasbian . Do not worry , we are talking to everyone (except one specific player that we are having some fundamental disagements with ) so this will be done automatically .
DSD 512 tested and rock solid . DSD 1024/2049 theoretically possible . *untested because I could not find material*

I started audio electronics designs after my 42 ( I am 48 now) , and this is my master thesis . I never seen lower noise. Ever... Noisy clock lines are between GDN planes with multiple vias to lower inductance and stiching GND vias next to clock lines.(Mark, we know about RF inductance) .Common mode noise filters on each cable , PI filters (all with dampening) on each rail . Over 8000uF of sprinkled capacitance , 3 supercaps (1.5Farad) on board. 30 ? LDOs (asix ic ethernet to usb has 5 ldos) , USB hub has been chosen to have data buffers (thx you TI, sometimes cheap is not better) and 4 separate LDOs feed USB hub ic independent rails .Even SD card has separate LDO. I must add that I have designed this after reading the incredible book by Henry W. Ott Electromagnetic compatibility engineering .

I read it 5 times from cover to cover. A must for all you that love electronics . Noise is the fundamental devil in audio !!! Do we agree ? Simple.

But noise is not simple. Most of you talk about noise like its one thing (differential) how about common noise ? How about leakage ?? Did you ever see any common mode chokes on competitor devices ? Those noises are ignored.....I think its more simple to explain when talking about noise likes its a monolithic religion . I am trying to explain to an equal. Because you are.

Price ? You have my word that our pricing is in line with our BOM not with the specs. Less than 250$ with ALU case (ugly) included. If you want good looks you are reading the wrong thread . If you think that SQ is important..read on . (its long for a generation with a short attention span)

Earthing was debated many times. We chose the best possible compromise.

From test data this is the best USB streamer on the market. End of sentence.Am I clear ?? Use a Digione on top to have USB/Spidif RCA/BNC output to your expensive/modded DAC ). Take the i2s direct (yeap Greg)..use a DAC on top. Whatever you want ... hey you are the boss.

Of course good PSU is a MUST. Hopefully you will chose Shanti or Nirvana but frankly you can use whatever low noise PSU you have (5V / 2.5A minimum)

Sorry for the long rant . I am tired in a good way. I got closer to my family , to my roots really , proudly European/French (I think brexit is BS), with a dash of Asia (my one true love ) and north american by choice .(Canada its in my blood)

I kept 1-2 projects secret . (one of them is an AMP at 100W and THD+N at ...hehe.)

Thx you Andrew Sparkos , thx you Kean..

I am listening to Leonard. He is my brother , my fellow Montrealer .He sings for me ( Famous blue coat )

A bottle of 2009 french wine , favorite singer playing , truly thats why I am here. Why are you here..why do you read so much ?

You are weird .

Ioan

Attachments

• USbridge3.14.pdf
    898 KB · Views: 472
Last edited: