Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2021, 05:50 PM   #2181
drjlo is offline drjlo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
I believe (and design now the next gen Dac) that in order to further the SQ we need to look at the biggest issues and correct them . Room and speakers
My next design will feature a powerful DSP.
I agree that we can really only expect incremendal improvements in DAC sound quality for the foreseeable future.

I hate to state the obvious, but we all know those recordings that are recorded/mastered so well that they sound great even on a DAC from 1990's or even on a "lifestyle" home audio.

Then there are those numerous recordings where people recording/mastering did not do their job and sound poor to mediocre even on multi-million dollar systems.

No, I have no solutions for this gargantuan problem for us music lovers.
Old 7th May 2021, 06:38 PM   #2182
ceausuc is offline ceausuc  Romania
diyAudio Member

A DSP dac could be a good business idea.

Let's be honest.. it's difficult to compete with cinese companies when it comes to classic dacs. They are now able to put new products on the market every 3 months witch works great given the consumerism of the modern people. Their distribution chains are better than ever: I can buy cinese dacs in EU with free shipping and 0 taxes - pretty unfair for others like Allo Audio. I know it sounds stupid but... cdsgames could you use their distribution also?

@Markw4
Thank you for your review of D90. Now I'm sorry I did not buy it when it came out...
On the other hand I just can't believe that AKM won't come back. Quit now when finally they released chips than can compete with ESS?! For us it would be a disaster. What desire would ESS have to improve anything without real competition?
  Reply to this post

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!