Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2021, 03:26 PM   #2121
sunlai is offline sunlai
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
Amp is advancing very nicely.

THD at -117 (or less) 1Khz , unweighted with source THD at -121 !
But will it nice sound?
Old 17th April 2021, 04:07 PM   #2122
Samuel Jayaraj is offline Samuel Jayaraj  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevM View Post
Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)

5) The manual of the BOSS2 Player is sparse. There is no proper description of the product, either on the website or in the manual. (More documentation is not neded. ALLO has provided sufficient documentation to use the product)

6) Being a newbie to the Rasberry world, I realize that I made a mistake buying the Boss2 Player with MOODE OS. I don't have music on any local drive. I wanted to use Cloud Streaming Services like Amazon Music, YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp etc., I haven't yet found a way of doing this. (In Moode, you can connect to Spotify directly, and Tidal using uPNP. Please check the Audio section of the configuration.)

7) Shanti AC cord is supplied without the Earth Pin in the plug. Defeats the very purpose of providing Ground terminals in Shanti and Boss. (It has the terminal)

My $0.02, really. Final choice is yours.
I hadn't seen this thread in a while. Thanks for your inputs, which I just now saw and do really appreciate.

I performed further listening tests and decided to keep the Shanti PS. What it did to my Topping D50s is near magic. I opened the unit and was very pleased with the construction and design. I wish the PCB were not glued to the bottom plate but I understand that it is an anti vibration measure. Would have been easier to change the cables. However, the stock cable does strike a nice tonal balance. It does provide taught, extended bass, nice shimmer on the top and cuts down on shouty mids. Very nice balance all of which is further enhanced on connecting the DAC to the Ground terminal.

I meant that the supplied AC cord does have provision, but the Earth pin is not supplied. I used another power cord, however.

That being said, I did perform listening tests with the Boss2 player. I used HD tracks test album consisting of various artistes, as well as different bit rates and sample frequencies. Some are 32 bit 384KHz.

Using Bubble Upnp, I streamed the test music from my Laptop to the Boss2 player. Amp is First Watt M2 and Fostex FE168ESigma in MLTQWT. The system acheives 26Hz in room response.

I streamed the same test music via USB Audio Pro on my Redmi Note 7 Pro, USB out to Topping D50s.

The DAC in the Allo Boss2 player is certainly no match in sound quality comparison to a much costlier stand alone DAC. It is expected, given its price. Hence, I returned the Boss2 player and got the refund too. Thanks.

I have now purchased a 8GB Rpi4. I am exploring possibilities.

Hats off to the Allo team. The Allo Shanti Dual LPS is a definite winner.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!