Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2021, 03:54 PM   #2101
Evenharmonics is offline Evenharmonics  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchneck View Post
I also viewed the longer wires as a negative.
Longer wire is a negative but that's irrelevant when it comes to someone's own subjective listening impression. If that person likes the sound, then it's positive for him / her only.
Old 7th April 2021, 04:48 PM   #2102
Samuel Jayaraj is offline Samuel Jayaraj  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
Hi Sam

wire gauge on Shanti and Nirvana is standard for 3A. IFI uses the same.

Shanti AC cord has earth. Please check again.
Moode . DietPi , PCP are opensourced.You can switch between OS by flashing the SD card . Please check that best fits your need.

In the end , if you are not satisfied you can always return the product for a full refund .
Really. Thanks. I would like to return both products immediately. I will contact the dealer.
Old 7th April 2021, 06:26 PM   #2103
chris14 is offline chris14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No estimate right now, but I hope you all know it will be "best bang for the buck"
For the box we might be able to reduce further I will know in about 3 weeks

Just to clarify , the amp (from my calculation) is 3 in the world as far as measurements go. .. (First is Benchmarh HB2 and second Purifi no gain)

Measurements were not our main goal . Sound quality was. Everything we did on this amp was with the goal of having a great sounding AMP

Instead of using global feedback , we relied on correcting every noise , oscillation at the SOURCE. It might not sound like much (and its rather old school ) but (in my personal opinion) its groundbreaking .

So you start with a PSU that outputs uV of noise at 200W..then take a clock line aka mosfets (again 50V 5A ) and reduce noise with EMI technique used for CMOS! Every component was placed like in a tetris game and every mm was counted with the purpose of reducing parasitics.
We beat TI engineers by around 10db

Time and those golden ears will say , if our approach was correct , for SQ.
That is what I expected from Allo, and I will be waiting patiently to try these out. What is input scheme balanced or unbalanced? and if XLR will you have adapter plugs for RCA...properly wired to avoid pin 1/grounding problems.
Old 7th April 2021, 07:01 PM   #2104
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

XLR and rca and yes no issues with pin1 issue ( we are using a SW to change betwen inputs)
Old 7th April 2021, 10:10 PM   #2105
wannarock2 is offline wannarock2
diyAudio Member

^^ yes sir, and of course this means a new XLR Allo DAC

built around the ESS9038?
is that right cdsgames? if not what’s happening
Attached Images
File Type: gif wave2.gif (15.9 KB, 269 views)
Old 8th April 2021, 07:39 AM   #2106
diyAudio Member

For the new DAC , I would like to keep a while longer the secret . Allow me to advance more and I will make a nice post explaining the choice. (not ess9038)
Old 8th April 2021, 12:19 PM   #2107
SanjeevM is offline SanjeevM
diyAudio Member

Default Dont Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jayaraj View Post
Really. Thanks. I would like to return both products immediately. I will contact the dealer.
Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)

5) The manual of the BOSS2 Player is sparse. There is no proper description of the product, either on the website or in the manual. (More documentation is not neded. ALLO has provided sufficient documentation to use the product)

6) Being a newbie to the Rasberry world, I realize that I made a mistake buying the Boss2 Player with MOODE OS. I don't have music on any local drive. I wanted to use Cloud Streaming Services like Amazon Music, YouTube, Spotify, Bandcamp etc., I haven't yet found a way of doing this. (In Moode, you can connect to Spotify directly, and Tidal using uPNP. Please check the Audio section of the configuration.)

7) Shanti AC cord is supplied without the Earth Pin in the plug. Defeats the very purpose of providing Ground terminals in Shanti and Boss. (It has the terminal)

My $0.02, really. Final choice is yours.
Old 8th April 2021, 03:57 PM   #2108
drjlo is offline drjlo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevM View Post
Return it. But you'll feel sorry that you did. !!!

Let me attempt to address some of your concerns:

1) The DC supply wires on the Shanti are too long. Some folks may need the length. But I am DISAPPOINTED and SHOCKED at the quality and gauge of the cables. I wouldn't use such thin wires to carry 3A or even 1A for that matter. (They work fine. Dont bother about the length)
I, too, was disappointed by the quality and length of the DC cable on Shanti. However, after performing some lengthy listening tests with various DC cables including VH Audio unicrystal copper/Airlok, Duelund copper/cotton, Canare 4S6 starquad, I have actually gone back to the stock wire for my sonic preferences.

Some of the others had more detail, some more bass, some smoother, etc, but for some reason, the stranded copper in parallel stock wire seemed to straddle the nice middle ground on the Shanti. I did want a bit more bass extension and ended up doubling up on the stock wire and cutting it much shorter.

Click the image to open in full size.1010201815 by drjlo2, on Flickr
Old 8th April 2021, 09:03 PM   #2109
diyAudio Member

I appreciate the kind words. I can say that capacitance multiplier was fine tuned with stock wire. Yes we have seen increase of 1-4uv with wire change. Is it audible? It should not be.

In the end Shanti has sold around 8500 units. You can buy competitors LPS for 3x the price and 10x more noise..with thicker cables.

BTW, in about 10 days pricing of Shanti will increase by around 15$. Raw materials, copper and steel, increased a lot in the past months.
Old 9th April 2021, 04:34 AM   #2110
sunlai is offline sunlai
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Dual mono in separate casing with voltage output individually matched
Will it be an integrated amplifier or a power amplifier? If an integrated amplifier, what will be the volume control? What will be the input sensitivity?

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!