Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2020, 03:07 PM   #1711
uncola is offline uncola  United States
diyAudio Member

I’ve been using the rev dac with no problems for the last week. The only small annoyance is the pop through my speakers when I skip ahead in a YouTube video or when Spotify goes from a song to one of their ads.

Edit: I have the pop mute set to 5ms
Old 29th July 2020, 05:31 PM   #1712
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

First review of Rev Dac

The ALLO Revolution DAC + USBridge Sig
Old 29th July 2020, 07:59 PM   #1713
wannarock2 is offline wannarock2
diyAudio Member

Thanks cdsgames, love what you guys do with the ES9038
Old 29th July 2020, 10:18 PM   #1714
hnnaum is offline hnnaum
diyAudio Member

What is the exact current on 1A side od Shanti? THanks
Old 30th July 2020, 08:19 AM   #1715
diyAudio Member

You can have 1.2A
Old 30th July 2020, 11:17 AM   #1716
al2813 is offline al2813  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdb View Post
I know it's vacation time and difficult health situations all around, but have any of you any short experiences to share about the Nirvana smps - or the Revelation dac? Sorry if I have missed it in the thread. All the best, and take care, Per
I am now on vacation and my replacement USB Sig will arrive only mid next month when I come back. I was able however to compare the Revolution DAC with and without Nirvana. The source was for now a RPI 4 with Gentooplayer and Roon ROCK running on NUC. The switch of powering the DAC to Nirvana was no less then incredible. The sound became much deeper and almost holographic. Better separation and better noise floor. In my setup Nirvana made a big impact on the sound of the Rev DAC.

Last edited by Variac; 12th August 2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old 30th July 2020, 03:18 PM   #1717
Nanekiu is offline Nanekiu  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hmm cds you should maybe try to compile/release a Real-time kernel for the usbridge signature.
Real-time priority on I/O with FiFO on CPU scheduler does seem to fix the very mild popping noises when using DSD, i also did a additional tweak to reserve one core exclusively for the NAA daemon, idk if that also helped, but on stock configuration I still hear those very mild pops even on the rev dac I got from audiophonics.

Some have also reported mild SQ improvements with RT kernel but idk if that's real, or placebo
Old 30th July 2020, 05:09 PM   #1718
Nanekiu is offline Nanekiu  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hmm is it possible to connect this to the usbrisge sig IAN CANADA CONDITIONERPI Ultra Capacitor Conditioner Board for Raspberry Pi - Audiophonics ?
Old 30th July 2020, 05:23 PM   #1719
diyAudio Member

Nope its not the same as a RPI. We use dedicated LDOs for each rail
Old 30th July 2020, 05:24 PM   #1720
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanekiu View Post
Hmm cds you should maybe try to compile/release a Real-time kernel for the usbridge signature.
Real-time priority on I/O with FiFO on CPU scheduler does seem to fix the very mild popping noises when using DSD, i also did a additional tweak to reserve one core exclusively for the NAA daemon, idk if that also helped, but on stock configuration I still hear those very mild pops even on the rev dac I got from audiophonics.
Some have also reported mild SQ improvements with RT kernel but idk if that's real, or placebo
RT kernel (with proper driver) should work on USbridge Sig if it works on RPI3B+

Last edited by Variac; 12th August 2020 at 06:24 PM.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5AHide this!Advertise here!