• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

The component shortage is most likely causing major problems for many of the smaller vendors. On the amplifier front I think Allo should drop the TPA3255 efforts and go with the newer Infineon chips, MA12070 and like. There is plenty of scope for developing a high quality custom power amplifier of reasonable output .

Reactions: 1 users
I think Allen Wright nailed the cable subject pretty well in his supercables cookbook: The SuperCables CookBook, The TubePreamp CookBook

I advise anyone who is interesed in the effects of cables in audio to read this book. It handles the theory as well as some diy cable projects.

Regards,
Myself and a couple of members were wanting to get a hold of Allen Wrights books, but apparently vaccuumstate is not responding to emails. Any chance we could pay you to have them scanned to .pdf and email? I believe officemax will do it. Cheers, Christopher

Myself and a couple of members were wanting to get a hold of Allen Wrights books...
They would probably only mislead you. Exceptional cables exist, but they are not foil, nor silver. IME and IMHO that stuff is a dead end.

If you want speaker cable, get a good brand of star quad, then carefully strip off only the rubber jacket, leaving everything else inside as much as possible perfectly intact. Don't remove any string, cotton, or other material around the wires. Treat it gently, given no jacket. Keep lengths as short as possible. Wire it as with any other star quad, with diagonally opposed conductors connected in parallel at both ends. Its cheap and it works.