• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

Would I be right in thinking that the unavailability of the Pi CM4 (it seems to be out of stock for the next six months) has put any work on the updated USBridge Sig on the back burner? I'm interested because some of the software I use is hitting the limits of the Pi 3's 1 GB of memory.

The whole industry has been hard hit by silicon shortages . Not only CPUs but opamps and even LDOs have very long lead time.
I estimate that both AMP and USBridge 4 will be delayed by a few months because we cannot find stock .

Last edited:
It is, but we try to see the positive .

R&D will not stop , we will redouble efforts . Expect lots of new tricks in USB 4 . Also on Digione Sig2 :)

Unfortunate, but everyone is in the same boat and component shortages may continue until early 2022. Is the Amp a completed project, or do you still have some tinkering to do? and are you at a stage where you can share anything more.

Interested in the Boss 2, but need a remote that is radio frequency and not IR. Is this at all possible? Use case, I currently control spotify connect with my phone on an original boss. I need to quickly reduce/increase volume and pause music from up to 60ft away and from my pocket. Would prefer not to stream but to play local files and still have this multi-directional control.

Hello

sorry been out with the flu .
For the AMP I hope that next week I can show some pics. AMP and buffer (preamp) is final . PSU is working but I need to incorporate the changes/mods into new PCB . Not a big deal
Digione Sig 2 and USBridge 4 , depends on components shortage for mass production . The new PCB , proto of DS2 , should arrive this week.
On this generaton , we have used a 8 super-regulators (discreet ) powering Xtals , buffers and flipflops , basically anywhere that SPDIF signal is present . Clocks are based on Andrea Mori design (so we used our own xtal , proudly made in Canada) with our own sinewave and squarer ICs.

Usbridge4 ...we also used superregulators and our own Xtals for the USB clock .

Hello

sorry been out with the flu .
For the AMP I hope that next week I can show some pics. AMP and buffer (preamp) is final . PSU is working but I need to incorporate the changes/mods into new PCB . Not a big deal
Digione Sig 2 and USBridge 4 , depends on components shortage for mass production . The new PCB , proto of DS2 , should arrive this week.
On this generaton , we have used a 8 super-regulators (discreet ) powering Xtals , buffers and flipflops , basically anywhere that SPDIF signal is present . Clocks are based on Andrea Mori design (so we used our own xtal , proudly made in Canada) with our own sinewave and squarer ICs.

Usbridge4 ...we also used superregulators and our own Xtals for the USB clock .

Understand that timing of production is dependent upon component availability, but is there any more detail/results that you can share on the Amp & buffer?

TOSLINK/SPDIF are harder to implement well as compared to asynchronous USB. The reason is that such USB designs can be made fully synchronous with the dac clock while maintaining bit-perfect data integrity.

For TOSLINK/SPDIF type inputs there is another clock at the source end that is not synchronous with the dac clock. Dealing with that requires ASRC or else a FIFO. ASRC resamples the data, and cannot fully remove all incoming jitter. FIFO introduces a time delay and usually requires special programming of an FPGA. The above types of considerations increase dac cost and complexity.

@cdsgames I hope you've stayed healthy during the delta surge! Any news on the new amps final performance? I recognize that it may be some time before you can start production.

Just found internal pictures of new Topping PA5 amplifier....
Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier) | Page 51 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Looks as if it might be TPA3255 based? If so the Allo dual mono should be able to exceed the performance of the PA5. From published specs it is exceptionally good, near Benchmark AHB2 performance, however gain is low and it is designed for balanced output from a DAC such as their E50. @cdsgames any updates on your amp?