Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

OPA1656: High-Performance CMOS Audio Op Amp
OPA1656: High-Performance CMOS Audio Op Amp Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2020, 08:57 PM   #171
Mark Johnson is offline Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Maybe your minimum order qty for bare die is small. Possibly small enough that member HpW could buy some for his own use, have them packaged in TO-99 or other package of his choice, and sell off any extras he doesn't need. I'm sure the rarity and general unavailability would be beneficial selling points with other audiophiles.

Although I myself favor the 12 lead "G" package: it's big, brawny, and brutal. Topside flat plane is big enough to attach a substantial heatsink, and the package tab gives you the ability to connect the can to quiet-ground if you wish.

_
Attached Images
File Type: png third_party.png (40.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 17th February 2020, 08:49 AM   #172
HpW is offline HpW
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc124 View Post
Spice models almost never include crosstalk and most often the model for the single/dual/quad versions of an op amp are the same unless there is a significant parametric difference between the variants. You could probably duplicate the effects with a passive component network outside of the op amp macromodel.
At the data sheet figure 13 about the channel separation:

May you provide the full circuit of the used measurements fig 13 ?

The spec's say -135dB's and the figure f(freq) tells/shows more details.

Hp
Old 17th February 2020, 02:39 PM   #173
BrianL is offline BrianL  United States
diyAudio Member

Hp -- TI has an 'E to E' forum where you can get direct support for your product questions.
Old 17th February 2020, 05:10 PM   #174
syn08 is offline syn08  Canada
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFrost View Post
On the bright side, our precision DAC team has released our new flagship 20-bit R2R DAC, the DAC11001A. I am excited to see if anyone wants to try to use it for audio

I am working on an audio reference design using the DAC11001A that I hope to release on the web in the next few months. It is a bit of a science project, but I am seeing nice audio performance and I am using John's opa1656 as the primary output buffer.
Just curious, why do you think this DAC has any place in the audio realm? Based on the data sheet it looks respectable (although not great) as a 20bit DAC, but for audio purposes there are the same or better chips, even from TI. Which would at least avoid the usual complication of converting SPI to I2S, that requires some hairy logic or a small fast FPGA.
Old 17th February 2020, 05:48 PM   #175
PaulFrost is offline PaulFrost  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syn08 View Post
Just curious, why do you think this DAC has any place in the audio realm? Based on the data sheet it looks respectable (although not great) as a 20bit DAC, but for audio purposes there are the same or better chips, even from TI. Which would at least avoid the usual complication of converting SPI to I2S, that requires some hairy logic or a small fast FPGA.
I created a new thread for the DAC11001A so we don't derail the OPA1656 too much
DAC11001: New 20-bit, R-2R Precision DAC

OPA1656: High-Performance CMOS Audio Op AmpHide this!Advertise here!