• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PecanPi -- Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

He did listen to it, those quotes are directly from his comparison at that link.

My apologies, looks like he has, and come to the conclusion that the Katana would be the one he'd buy tomorrow...

"The Pecan Pi images like nothing I have heard, other than the Chord Dave, which is quite superb for that. It has the edge in detail, channel separation, dynamics, bass and all for the same price as the Katana. However, the Katana did something that only one other piece of digital has done, convince/trick me into forgetting I was listening to a piece of HiFi equipment. The other piece? The Allo Boss.
Listening to the Katana delivers a believable sound. Natural and organic, just like the boss, but even better. It gives you realism. Eva Cassidy sounds like a real person is singing and I love that. Its one of the reasons I love Vinyl. It’s ability to convey the naturalism of sound. The Katana has this too. It improves on the Boss too. It far more transparent, theres more detail, the soundstage is cleaner and the whole thing sounds less cluttered and more refined.

The thing is, the Pecan Pi beats it in all areas except for that glorious midrange.

So, if I were to buy one, where would I go?

Truth is, I really am not sure. On one hand you have a unit that (just) beats the other on almost every benchmark of listening. On the other, you have one that sounds …….. “right”

Either way, we're spoilt for choice at all price levels for RPi audio; long may it continue, and let competition improve the breed!

Keep in mind the Katana as it was tested with isolator and two linear iFi power supplies comes to a total cost of ~$700.
Bigblog - The Revolving Door of HiFi Auditioning - Page 22

The PecanPi DAC right now is $225 and that includes the power supply. If you buy the optional case that would bring your total to $350

' I would like to correct the misleading statements of Orchardaudio .

In fact Katana streamer (rpi isolator and one PSU) is 370$ . In same configuration PecanPI is 399$ (minus isolator)

Of course both will have a tax added in EU of 20%

' I would like to correct the misleading statements of Orchardaudio .

In fact Katana streamer (rpi isolator and one PSU) is 370$ . In same configuration PecanPI is 399$ (minus isolator)

Of course both will have a tax added in EU of 20%

As tested it was $370 plus two ifi linear power supplies. So the total as tested cost is $470.

I was not trying to be misleading I just quoted the price that was given by the member of the forum.

As you stated in the other forum both are great products with pros and cons.

If you are in the NJ area stop by and check out both the PecanPi DAC and BOSC Amp at a demo on July 6th.

You can RSVP here:
PecanPi and BOSC Demo

If you do not have Facebook just send me a message and I will get you the details.

PecanPi Streamer
Ultra-high fidelity, plug and play, ready to go, wireless high resolution music streamer. Control music wirelessly using your phone, tablet or computer.
Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 130dB (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range (DNR): 125dB
Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N): -110dB or 0.0003%

BOSC
150W HiFi Monoblock Class-D Amp
Gain: 16.8dB or 6.92
Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): ~120dB (A-weighted)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.0006% (-105dB) @ 5W

For more info on Orchard Audio's products look here:
Orchard Audio - Home