Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Heard from Don-Audio lately ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2019, 08:14 AM   #1
cbueche is offline cbueche  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Heard from Don-Audio lately ?

Hi,

I have ordered items from don-audio.com (German shop) already and they were always perfect and serious. But my last order has been ignored since 20.12.2018, and nobody answers my messages. Any idea what happens there ? Or anyone has a phone number to contact them ?

Thx,
Charles
Old 14th January 2019, 02:28 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

ok, it seems they were only waiting for stuff to be available and didn't update my order to say so. Now underway. As said, that's a serious shop so continue buying from them !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbueche View Post
Hi,

I have ordered items from don-audio.com (German shop) already and they were always perfect and serious. But my last order has been ignored since 20.12.2018, and nobody answers my messages. Any idea what happens there ? Or anyone has a phone number to contact them ?

Thx,
Charles
Old 14th January 2019, 04:45 PM   #3
euro21 is offline euro21  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I bought transformers here at Jan. 8 (ebay shop).
They send email confirmation, email invoice, email delivery note at Jan 9.
Shipped at Jan 9 (with tracking number).
"Tracking details
Deutsche Post tracking #RCxxxxxxxx
Jan 9, 2019 02:28am PST

Jan 10, 2019 23:00pm
ARRIVED_IN_DESTINATION_COUNTRY"

Estimated delivery Fri, Jan 18 (within EU)

p.s - our local Post is ridiculous slow :-( -
Old 14th January 2019, 08:13 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro21 View Post

Switzerland has introduced new import procedures and regulations. Everything is more expensive, and take more time to process. If the pro-format invoice is missing, we pay a supplement for administrative costs. Not sure that kind of robbery is acceptable nowadays.
Old 14th January 2019, 09:27 PM   #5
Boydk is offline Boydk  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Let me tell you, that robbery wise, you´re not alone. With invoice missing, I´ve experienced, that the post/customs employee just set an imaginary, redicoulusly high value, and it was then up to me to spend hours and hours of time to prove them wrong, if I wanted my goods delivered. Also, even if the small value of a 15Euro packet "get´s caught", they charge 22Euros to do the calculation of 8Euro tax = 30Euros to pay to get your 15Euro packet. I call it government sanctioned robbery at full daylight :-(
Old 14th January 2019, 11:02 PM   #6
avtech23 is offline avtech23  Australia
Certifiably addicted to DIY.
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro21 View Post
Not much better over here either.

I had some boards sent from Canada. Took 3 days to get in country then almost 2 weeks to be delivered.

I've abandoned small value parcels in the past - they arrived with 'duty' to pay but then the post office wanted a disproportionate 'handling fee' for putting a sticker on the parcel and receiving the tax.

In days past, people used to rob post offices. Now it's the customers who get robbed!

The ever growing project list.. :NAP140 Clone, NAD 3020i & 3225PE, JLH1969, TDA2050, Fender 5F2A Princeton, NE5532 Preamp | : VSQC Phunk Style, Retro 50W | Filmosound 601 | SHPA | : Apex AX-14 | TGM-10 | TDA7265 | LM4780 (Last in line)...maybe

Last edited by avtech23; 14th January 2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 15th January 2019, 06:21 PM   #7
Tomps is offline Tomps  Europe
diyAudio Member

The recent delay at Don Audio might have to do with the fact they recently moved to a bigger/better warehouse.

IME it's an excellent shop! Can recommend it. They have a good supply of Hammond, Edcor and Lundahl on stock and usually ship the next day.
Old 16th January 2019, 12:12 PM   #8
euro21 is offline euro21  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Wow, the package arrived. :-)

Deutsch and international Post: 1 day,
local Post: 6 day. :-ppp

Heard from Don-Audio lately ?Hide this!Advertise here!