• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Heard from Don-Audio lately ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi,

I have ordered items from don-audio.com (German shop) already and they were always perfect and serious. But my last order has been ignored since 20.12.2018, and nobody answers my messages. Any idea what happens there ? Or anyone has a phone number to contact them ?

Thx,
Charles

Joined 2016
Paid Member
ok, it seems they were only waiting for stuff to be available and didn't update my order to say so. Now underway. As said, that's a serious shop so continue buying from them !

Hi,

I have ordered items from don-audio.com (German shop) already and they were always perfect and serious. But my last order has been ignored since 20.12.2018, and nobody answers my messages. Any idea what happens there ? Or anyone has a phone number to contact them ?

Thx,
Charles

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I bought transformers here at Jan. 8 (ebay shop).
They send email confirmation, email invoice, email delivery note at Jan 9.
Shipped at Jan 9 (with tracking number).
"Tracking details
Deutsche Post tracking #RCxxxxxxxx
Jan 9, 2019 02:28am PST

Jan 10, 2019 23:00pm
ARRIVED_IN_DESTINATION_COUNTRY"

Estimated delivery Fri, Jan 18 (within EU)

p.s - our local Post is ridiculous slow :-( -

Let me tell you, that robbery wise, you´re not alone. With invoice missing, I´ve experienced, that the post/customs employee just set an imaginary, redicoulusly high value, and it was then up to me to spend hours and hours of time to prove them wrong, if I wanted my goods delivered. Also, even if the small value of a 15Euro packet "get´s caught", they charge 22Euros to do the calculation of 8Euro tax = 30Euros to pay to get your 15Euro packet. I call it government sanctioned robbery at full daylight :-(

p.s - our local Post is ridiculous slow :-( -

Not much better over here either.

I had some boards sent from Canada. Took 3 days to get in country then almost 2 weeks to be delivered.

I've abandoned small value parcels in the past - they arrived with 'duty' to pay but then the post office wanted a disproportionate 'handling fee' for putting a sticker on the parcel and receiving the tax.

In days past, people used to rob post offices. Now it's the customers who get robbed!

:mad:

Last edited:
The recent delay at Don Audio might have to do with the fact they recently moved to a bigger/better warehouse.

IME it's an excellent shop! Can recommend it. They have a good supply of Hammond, Edcor and Lundahl on stock and usually ship the next day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.