• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mosfet Relay as a replacement of small Finder relays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mosfet Relay for speaker protection in Audio Amplifiers

As a result based on my experience as a serviceman of audio amplifiers,I have developed direct replacement of a standard mechanical relays Finder type 40.61.

This "relay" has parameters:
On-State resistance: 9mR
Maximum continous current 16A
Maximum voltage accros open relay 64V DC

Used mosfets has maximum continous current over 150A and peak current over 600A :)

It´s easy to use, just desolder old mechanical relay and solder new "SSR" :)

For anyone interrested, it would be possible to sell these relays. The price is 22 Eur/pc , approx 7 Eur shipping

Below you can find pictures.

Last edited:
Thats absolutely true. This relay is unique for audio application - conventional mechanical relays are often cause of problems with sound dropouts in audio amplifiers becasuse of transition resistance on contacts after years...

Attached simplified schematics.

Thats absolutely true. This relay is unique for audio application - conventional mechanical relays are often cause of problems with sound dropouts in audio amplifiers becasuse of transition resistance on contacts after years...

Attached simplified schematics.

I made a similar relay drop in for the Songle SLA relay some 5 years ago for my 5 channel HT amp . still working fine !
LJM L250 or Arjen Helder 2050

Cheers ,

Rens

Last edited:
As a result based on my experience as a serviceman of audio amplifiers,I have developed direct replacement of a standard mechanical relays Finder type 40.61.

This "relay" has parameters:
On-State resistance: 9mR
Maximum continous current 16A
Maximum voltage accros open relay 64V DC

Used mosfets has maximum continous current over 150A and peak current over 600A :)

It´s easy to use, just desolder old mechanical relay and solder new "SSR" :)

For anyone interrested, it would be possible to sell these relays.

Below you can find pictures.

Can you send me a mail regarding the price

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.