• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

A2 driving boards (for tube amps)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
Who wants A2 driver boards (boards only, no components), please PM me. I ordered a batch and expect to have them in 1 week. The bottom MOSFET is depletion mode, for a simpler CCS. The top one can be either enhancement, or depletion mode MOSFET. The board contains an anode load
resistor of a previous stage tube, a coupling capacitor, and a source follower loaded on a constant current source. One trimpot sets idle current of the source follower, another one sets bias of the power output tube. For SE amp you need one per channel, for a PP amp, of course, a pair per channel.
They were designed for my Gubernator-71 amp, to drive grids of GK-71 tubes. They would be handy as well driving GM-70 or 300B that would be a waste of precious tubes if to drive in A1 only.

Attachments

• driver_boards.jpg
    driver_boards.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 1,122
  • Screenshot from 2018-11-23 19-27-58.png
    Screenshot from 2018-11-23 19-27-58.png
    43 KB · Views: 1,122
How many are available?

I would like to acquire 4 boards.

Steve

No problems. PM me your address. I expect them to be delivered this Saturday, so can ship the next morning in an envelope. The shipment will cost such a way under $4, instead of $32.25 in the package.

Here are assembled boards, just for the reference:

Attachments

• IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 945
I received boards, packed and shipped them. Based on what I paid for shipment, you can get 4 boards including shipment worldwide for $10 total in an envelope. For more boards worldwide shipment would cost $14.

Also, I can share some power supply boards, $1 each + $4 shipment of 1 or 2, more would not fit into an envelope. The board contain places for 2 dectifier diodes, 3 filter caps (external choke, and 1 resistor on the board), plus a MOSFET for a voltage regulator, with an external VR tube. Also, Shottky rectifier can be mounted with up to 4 filter caps for a filament DC, like 8.4V for compactrons from 2x6.3V.

All my boards are designed to fit under 1U chassis.

Attachments

• IMG_5141.jpg
    IMG_5141.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 769
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.