• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NC500 Buffer Upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you currently have an NC500 and are looking to squeeze out every last bit of performance out of them I am offering my buffer as an aftermarket upgrade. These buffers allow the use of both 8pindip op amps as well as dual 6 pin pro monos. The board allows both thruhole and SMD parts to dial in the voicing exactly how you want. The "Platinum Reference" comes with Sparkos regs, Sparkos “Pro” op amps (2 per buffer) input wires are soldered directly to the board (Neotech solid silver), your choice of Nichicon Muse or Elna Silmic caps.

I have been building class D amps for almost 2 years and this new upgraded buffer has been available for about 4 months now with a number of them in clients hands. They have received rave reviews from everyone and I will post some reviews if you are interested; some may be listed on my FB page.

Anyway if you are interested in upgrading your NC500 or would like to buy a new one for a fantastic price, please let me know. All amps are built to order to accommodate your needs and budget.

I forgot to add the pics in the first post. Under the 2 large op amps there’s also a seat for you to put an 8 pin dip dual channel op amp. I can ship these with Neotech solid silver wiring and Cardas XLRs to make this a quick drop in upgrade with arguably the finest parts and components (if you feel inputs and wires increase SQ).

Thanks

J

Attachments

• EF88A495-7706-4E28-B257-198266F28573.jpeg
    EF88A495-7706-4E28-B257-198266F28573.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 1E6B890F-D833-44D4-A371-5B06EB216280.jpeg
    1E6B890F-D833-44D4-A371-5B06EB216280.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 1,020
I spoke with Jared at Bellissimo Audio and arranged to purchase the new NC500 input buffer boards that will use the new Sparkos Labs SS2590 Pro opamps. I already using the Nord input buffers on a Bellissimo Audio amplifier that use a single 3000w power supply and two NC500 amplifier modules in a custom case.
I really could not see how the sound quality could get any better but upgradeitis took hold of me. It took some tome to receive the buffers but when they arrived I couldn't wait to hear them. First impression was WOW! Lower noise floor, tighter stronger more articulate bass and seemingly no limit to the volume without fatigue. I have owned Many amps of all types both class A, AB and D. Priced up to 12000.00 and the hypex is just in another realm and with the new buffers it just gets to another level.

Also I ordered a pair of similar input buffers from Colin North at Nord and found nearly identical performance with a slightly different character.
I have included photos of both the Nord and the Bellissimo Audio.

Attachments

• 20181205_125603.jpg
    20181205_125603.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 778
  • 20181204_194730_001.jpg
    20181204_194730_001.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 731
  • 20181204_194739.jpg
    20181204_194739.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 711
  • 20181204_194800.jpg
    20181204_194800.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Thank you! I appreciate the glowing review. I have a bunch of buffers completed and ready to ship - I am now using Neotech solid silver input wire soldered with Cardas silver solder for the input wiring. It seems like Nord is using some different value filtering caps while we offer choice of Elna Silmic or Nichicon Muse - their board also appears to have some more passives which may change the color. Keep in mind on my board that all parts can be replaced with thru hole or SMD components so if you are feeling experimental you can try some exotic resistors and see if there’s any tonal differences. Honestly I even enjoy these amps using some of the cheaper 8 pin dip opamps as well and noticed a JFet based opamp has a nice tone as well. If anyone wants to order any of the buffers I have about 400 boards in stock with bunch populated. If you are looking to save some cash I recommend using the Linear Regs with an off the shelf opamp. To move some stock and encourage people to experiment with the tone of the amp, the next 5 orders of all discrete buffers will get an extra set of buffers for free to populate and experiment with. I don’t check this as often as I should but feel free to message me here or on FB and I’ll provide you my phone number to answer any questions.

Thanks,

Bump.
For any orders using all Sparkos components (with 4x mono pro opamps and Sparkos regs) will come with a free set of Cardas XLR inputs for a fast and easy install. The cost of the boards with XLRs are 550 USD a pair so it’s basically the retail price of all the Sparkos parts and is completed with Cardas silver solder, Neotech solid silver hook up wiring and will ship with silver output wiring and Furutech gold faston connects for a solderless and easy drop in upgrade. I will also include a separate standard set of buffers to encourage experimentation with parts.
Standard buffers will ship with Linear regs and allows for any 8 pin dip dual channel opamp or 6 pin pro package. You can always upgrade the regs anytime if you want discrete parts. These are budget friendly and are 75 a pair with shipping.

Bump - having another special on these buffers and a number of reviews are floating around with more to come. Any order for the “fully loaded” buffer (Sparkos pro grade opamps, Sparkos regulators, will come with solid silver hook up wires (your choice of Duelund or Neotech), Cardas or Furutech XLRs, and free interconnects using Cardas XLR terminations, our factory multi strand silver wiring, your choice of sheathing for a slick aesthetic and completed with Cardas silver solder. Factory wiring can be upgraded to Duelund silver wiring for a slight increase, or you can choose from Neotech wires as well. If you do not want the XLR wiring, you can also choose Furutech binding posts for the output connected by Furutech, fast ons and our multi strand silver wire, our OFC wire, our Neotech wires,!or Duelund for a slight increase.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.