• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Neurochrome Modulus-186: 40W (8Ω); 65W (4Ω) @ <-120dB THD Composite Amplifier Module

A balanced attenuator would be better. Honestly, though: I would just hook the DAC to the amp and turn the volume control down by 12 dB. You can also configure the MOD186 for 20 dB gain. Then you only have to turn the volume down by 6 dB.

It's a common myth that the input sensitivity of the amp must be exactly matched to the output voltage of the source.

Tom

The Modulus-186 has been discontinued. It was too expensive to produce. It was basically within a few bucks of the Modulus-286 to produce but there was no way I would be able to get near Modulus-286 prices for the 186.

I'm running low on Modulus-286 as well. I'll likely make more. I'll see if I can lower the production cost a bit so I don't have to raise prices so much for the next batch. Parts and assembly have gotten quite a bit more expensive since the last batch.

Tom

Reactions: 1 user