• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Output transformers for DACs

Hi!
Why is the DCR so high for such a core and 80H inductance?
Hi!
Depends on what transformer with do you trying to compare.

May be 800H or 45 Ohm? Thanks.
No, it was the correct data for that period of time: 450Ohm/80H @ 1kHz.
Such transformers was made for AK449x, where within its datasheet the Note regarding minimum resistance for output was given. Later, I decided not to adhere to these recommendations, since the transformer is connected without ground.
I want to attract your attention that usually for transformers on market the inductances are given at 50-100Hz as at higher frequency inductance can be few times less.

Last edited:
Do you guys know of any sensible priced dacs using AK4499 or Sabre 9038Pro which would easily accomodate Ivan's transformers? Many dacs has really small enclosure which makes it a bit fiddly to mount...

My Roksan CDP had several issues, long story short we didnt get the transformers working properly, so next up is trying a dac.
If anybody is interrested in my transformers just pm me.

Good day!
Dear friends, I hope that all current orders will be sent in early or mid-July. This weekend, for the first time, in several months, flights began to fly from my country abroad. The ability to send parcels by land exists now, but I find this method too long while, so I think it is better wait for air traffick. Thank you for understanding!

UPDATE

Right now there are two ways to ship out transformers/boards from my country (due to pandemic restrictions):

a) by land transport via regular national post - (slow delivery through Lithuania) for this list of countries:
Austria
Belarus
Belgium
Bulgaria
China
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Great Britain
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Ukraine
Uzbekistan

b) by FedEx service. Approximate cost for FedEx delivery from 65 to 100$ depending on the country.

There is no FedEx office in my town, that is why shipment through FedEx is possible for me once a week.
Thanks.

I have updated a little the design of bottom part in my transformers:

Pin 13 is replaced to internal m3 nut. M3 screw can be used for secure placement on the PCB. Plastic screw can be used if galvanical connection of the shileding is not needed. The safe maximum M3 screw length inside the transformer can be 6 mm.
All the pins are longer now for ~4mm and a bit thicker (was 1.96mm, 2.03mm now). Pin allocation remains the same.

pim_sec.jpg
2pim_2sec.jpg
Transformer_Drawing.jpg

zip-file: CAD, drawing and gerber files (PCB was made in Sprint LAyout 6, Circuit in Splan7)
View attachment 25062020.ZIP

Another update. I have made another universal printed circuit board. Thanks too a banch of jumpers it is possible to use different number of primary and secondary coils, and various circuit connection are available: paralleled, in serial, diff\balanced, SE.

DSC_mill_max_0520_m3_2-4 coils.jpg
view.jpg
view_bot.jpg
top DSC_mill_max_0520_m3_2-4 coils and transformer_photo.jpg
bot DSC_mill_max_0520_m3_2-4 coils and transformer_photo.jpg

Attachments

• 25062020.pdf
    123.1 KB · Views: 445
Update.
Another step-up version of transformer have been developed.
Turns ratio: 1:6+6+6 (1:6 or 1:12 or 1:18)
Frequency response (source 40 ohm, 10 K ohm load, 1:18):
-3dB points: 2Hz & 115kHz
-1dB points: 3Hz & 75kHz

Application: impedance matching for moving coil phono cartridges
Price: $205 for pair

Last edited:
I mean an IV PCB that can be used with the Buffalo-IIIsePro38, such as the PCB designed by Ian.

View attachment 794445

View attachment 794446

In fact, you only need to follow Ian's design to increase your transformer installation position. It can be applied to both Buffalo and Ian's DAC. You don't need to design two boards.

how to buy this board ? I am keen .

Hi bisesik,

I need a output trans for my Twisted Pear Audio ,Buffalo-IIIse Pro ES9038,

what is the price now ? what is the shipping cost to Singapore ?

thanks
With regards
Angcl

Hi Angcl,
Price for finished i/v board (like showned here Output transformers for DACs )
is $240.

Regarding shipping to Singapore. As I posted previously unfortunatelly there is still no airmail-service within my national post company and many directions are closed due to flights absence. That is why the one only possible way to send it to you right now is via courier-post like FedEx\DHL\UPS. Prices are quite high unfortunatelly ~$100. I am still in the process of finding another more accessible shipment way...

Hi Angcl,
Price for finished i/v board (like showned here Output transformers for DACs )
is $240.

Regarding shipping to Singapore. As I posted previously unfortunatelly there is still no airmail-service within my national post company and many directions are closed due to flights absence. That is why the one only possible way to send it to you right now is via courier-post like FedEx\DHL\UPS. Prices are quite high unfortunatelly ~$100. I am still in the process of finding another more accessible shipment way...

I thinks I just want the trans, no need the PCB to save cost , this is for twisted Twisted Pear Audio ,Buffalo-IIIse .

I have updated a little the design of bottom part in my transformers:

Pin 13 is replaced to internal m3 nut. M3 screw can be used for secure placement on the PCB. Plastic screw can be used if galvanical connection of the shileding is not needed. The safe maximum M3 screw length inside the transformer can be 6 mm.
All the pins are longer now for ~4mm and a bit thicker (was 1.96mm, 2.03mm now). Pin allocation remains the same.
zip-file: CAD, drawing and gerber files (PCB was made in Sprint LAyout 6, Circuit in Splan7)

Another update. I have made another universal printed circuit board. Thanks too a banch of jumpers it is possible to use different number of primary and secondary coils, and various circuit connection are available: paralleled, in serial, diff\balanced, SE.

Nice upgrade, bisesik!
Very useful pdf schematics.
The female pins accepting are the same as before or they are differente?