Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Output transformers for DACs
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2019, 12:38 PM   #241
bisesik is offline bisesik  Kazakhstan
diyAudio Member

Hi Waijin!
Very sad to hear it, I will do my best to fix this situation. As I said in pm, seems I know some ways to resolve this situation in proper way.

p.s. I am really want to believe that it was one only accident, which will never happens again within the next orders.

Last edited by bisesik; 17th October 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 17th October 2019, 12:43 PM   #242
diyAudio Member

Hi ilgavro, I emailed to you via email. For 9038pro (in stereo mode, 4 channels in parallel) you can use 4 times less values than indicated here post #136
Old 17th October 2019, 12:51 PM   #243
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
Have you tried the Asio4all as driver?
Usually, you can combined different cards as input and output to one measurement.
I think it will be better to generate 30-40 different files with SMPTE signals and to make a simple graph in Excell to get IMDvsLevel curve
Old 17th October 2019, 08:17 PM   #244
eslei is offline eslei  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisesik View Post
Actually this graph is for 9038q2m without my transformers - it is for stock version on 5532 OpAmp output. SMPCB board sounds much worse compared to Ian's DAC (they are simply from different leagues) that is why I suggest it doesn't matter is there hump on SMPCB or no. If I will find the way to make this test on Ian's DAC, then I will post it, but before this happens, this test gives nothing nor about my transformers nither about DAC and getted sound.

hi, there,

on #1 this thread you have es9038q2m out put from your transformers, can you pls do a ' imd vs level ' measurement on that setup.

thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 08:27 AM   #245
diyAudio Member

Will do it today, found the way...
Old 18th October 2019, 12:57 PM   #246
diyAudio Member

Done. I have generated 60 SMPTE files in REW from 0 down to -60dB. After that I played them one by one in foobar player (wasapi) and have fixed every Imd value shown in Spectralab with fixing it in the Excel table. This was done for transformer output and for stock NE5532 OpaAmp output on the SMPCB ES9038Q2M board (SMPte on SMPcb - funny by ear )
So, here are the measurements:

SMPTEvsLevel.png

SMPCB_ne5532vsTransformer_IMDvsLevel.jpg
Old 19th October 2019, 07:23 AM   #247
eslei is offline eslei  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

thank you bisesik.
Old 19th October 2019, 08:22 AM   #248
diyAudio Member

I do not sure that imd measurement in spectralab takes in to account the second signal (7kHz) during measurement...
No, not that ... I'm pretty sure SpectraLab does not take into account the second 7kHz signal when measuring the intermodulation distortion coefficient. That is, this is hardly the correct data. Is there somewhere IMDvsLEVEL measurement specifically for this Chinese SMPCB? Well ... To understand, does my curve for 5532 looks like it should look?
Old 19th October 2019, 11:06 AM   #249
diyAudio Member

Note.
During exploitation of my transformers some customers have faced with contacts issue. In process of transformers' installation if not to be neat it is possible to break the contacts. I have made decision to replace these "fragile" pins to stronger ones with increasing their diameter. The cost will rised up a bit accordangly.

Output transformers for DACsHide this!Advertise here!