• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

The Soekris can be controlled by rx tx seriel interface regarding volume setting.

A guy started some efforts, see here, but never concluded:

Soekris DAM1021 - Printable Version

I did some listening tests and think that mixer hardware in mod is superior to siftwade, more details, more dynamic. so it would be nice if you simply can get tx rx protocol from RP4 DAM 1941...the hardware certainly supports it an Soekris firmware as well...but found no player software

Other approach is to leave the Pi to do the i2s and use a microcontroller for volume, filters, phase, muting, display, IR control. Almost any Arduino can do it. Dimdim has freely available code on his site.

The 1941 also has support for remote control via an add-on Soekris board.

Last edited:
The Soekris can be controlled by rx tx seriel interface regarding volume setting.

A guy started some efforts, see here, but never concluded:

Soekris DAM1021 - Printable Version

I did some listening tests and think that mixer hardware in mod is superior to siftwade, more details, more dynamic. so it would be nice if you simply can get tx rx protocol from RP4 DAM 1941...the hardware certainly supports it an Soekris firmware as well...but found no player software

Was piqued by your query so I tried the information you provided and I managed to get my DAM1121 to communicate with my Raspberry Pi loaded with MoOde v6.5.1.

I have only used it to config the filters, volumes, etc. Next step is to get it to work with the MPD. You might like to try it too.

Ed

There are the I2S lines which you need to connect (#12, #35, #39 and #40).

Also, the Raspberry serial protocol lines, which are TxD (#8), RxD (#10) and GND (I picked #14).

I used the MoOde v6.5.1 because it will ensure that necessary components are the latest without having to upgrade them. Changing some of these libraries sometimes break the integrity of the build.

Hi — I’m trying to design an SPDIF input for a dam1121. Understanding that Soekris no longer recommends the max3280, can someone with eyes on a dam19x1 confirm the part number for the RS-422 receiver? It looks like it might be a DS26LV32A, but the pictures in the manual aren’t quite clear enough to confirm.

Thanks!

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi — I’m trying to design an SPDIF input for a dam1121. Understanding that Soekris no longer recommends the max3280, can someone with eyes on a dam19x1 confirm the part number for the RS-422 receiver? It looks like it might be a DS26LV32A, but the pictures in the manual aren’t quite clear enough to confirm.

Thanks!

TI DS26LV32AT

Just for information I have played around with a 1921 board. Connected with separate digital and analog lt3045-3094 modules. Im tested if it would sound better in my system with transformer output(Lundahl LL1690) instead of raw. Curious if some of the analytical should smoothen out. But my listening conclusion is its better with raw. More clarity and slightly more base and overall better soundstage. Best DAC I owned so far.