• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The headset output is there?Thx
Anyone can play dsd file for native

As I just said:

The buffer board is just a basic one without headphone amplifer (see schematics for the details). The headphone part of the display board is all in one side, actually designed to be broken of or sawed of if not needed.

Yes, it plays DSD, please see data on website or manual....

Measurements?

Soeren, I know measurements for linearity probably won't be that great since this is an R2R DAC with other benefits. I am still curious if there are measurements of say the factory complete product. Not everybody wants to use this JUST to listen to music to ...
All the best
Petter

If you have the module above at home, you can open tha case and look if there is a solderpoint/jumper to switch the voltage to 3.3 volts
Do not have any experience with the following usb-serial adapter but this one is switchable to 3.3 volt: https://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-2-0-CH340G-TTL-Konverter-Adapter-CP2102-PL2303-UART-FTDI-Arduino-5V-3-3V-/252713824136
I believe there are different versions ...5V...3.3V...and I did not see a power connector pon for this adapter in the manual, only tx, rx and ground, right ?
Look into the manual (page 6)

Code:
Input Pins:
Input Voltage Low    min. -0.5V     max. 0.8V
Input Voltage High   min. 2.0V      max. 3.9 V

Output Pins: 
All Digital Outputs  min. 0 V       max. 3.3V
... so you need the 3.3 volt adapter.

Last edited:
Soeren, I know measurements for linearity probably won't be that great since this is an R2R DAC with other benefits. I am still curious if there are measurements of say the factory complete product. Not everybody wants to use this JUST to listen to music to ...
All the best
Petter

There are THD specs on all products on the website and in the manual. And it's something I check on all products before shipping.

Why particularly at <<1 ohm? How is it relevant?

There is a lower (voltage) noise floor. V=IR. Small form factor resistors are limited in the power they can dissipate (the current they can pass) and very likely require temperature compensation for current values that aren't representative of what the system will encounter during operation.

0.01% is 10,000

1A across a 1 mohm resistor is 1mV. 0.01% of that would be 0.1uV. You have to measure beyond 0.1uV to guarantee it doesn't round up to 0.2uV.

You could bump it up to 100A to get farther from the noise floor, but that wouldn't be encountered in operation, would probably blow the component and would definitely require temperature compensation.

The $1200 Agilent 34461A only guarantees accuracy for 100ohm and above. And the above (I believe) is the reason why.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
There is a lower (voltage) noise floor. V=IR. Small form factor resistors are limited in the power they can dissipate (the current they can pass) and very likely require temperature compensation for current values that aren't representative of what the system will encounter during operation.

0.01% is 10,000

1A across a 1 mohm resistor is 1mV. 0.01% of that would be 0.1uV. You have to measure beyond 0.1uV to guarantee it doesn't round up to 0.2uV.

You could bump it up to 100A to get farther from the noise floor, but that wouldn't be encountered in operation, would probably blow the component and would definitely require temperature compensation.

The $1200 Agilent 34461A only guarantees accuracy for 100ohm and above. And the above (I believe) is the reason why.

I can't see the problem, it's not 1 mOhm resistors I'm using.... the 2r is 10 Kohm.

Hello together, just before Christmas I got my parts ... great, plug & play I would call that ... right away I did not like the way how the user information is displayed. Without further ado, I built an interface that displays everything in plaintext.

At the moment I am feeding the 1941 with a cd-player over the RCA input. The next step would then be to use as source a raspberry pi, but I still have to think about that. Anyway, the result is already to be described as very good, maybe I'll do something else on the power supply, that still has potential ...
After that I will make a case. I also have to think about that...:)

Attachments

• DSC08406.jpg
    DSC08406.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 749
  • DSC08408.jpg
    DSC08408.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 775