Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th August 2019, 01:11 PM   #701
polaron is offline polaron  France
diyAudio Member

The Amanero is connected with an external 3.3V psu, but there is no sound. I am sure that the connections are ok.

I guess that this is due to the fact that the display is not connected. It must be necessary to use the input selector of the display. Can anyone confirm please?

There are two output 5V pins in J9. Are they there for a specific reason?

Last edited by polaron; 20th August 2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 20th August 2019, 05:17 PM   #702
analog_sa is online now analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

So, you are connecting an Amanero to the second i2s port in order to compare it to the onboard xmos, right?

What firmware version is your board? The early firmware release did not enable the i2s port and you will need to update. The display has likely nothing to do with it as the default setting of the board is for automatic scanning of the inputs. Unless you have changed this the active input should be automatically selected.
Old 20th August 2019, 09:15 PM   #703
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
So, you are connecting an Amanero to the second i2s port in order to compare it to the onboard xmos, right?

Yes.

What firmware version is your board? The early firmware release did not enable the i2s port and you will need to update. The display has likely nothing to do with it as the default setting of the board is for automatic scanning of the inputs. Unless you have changed this the active input should be automatically selected.

I bought this board may be 6 weeks ago. I understant that the active input should be automatically selected. How can I update it, if it is what I should do?
Old 21st August 2019, 01:34 PM   #704
analog_sa is online now analog_sa  Europe
diyAudio Member

Check the firmware version and update if not the latest. The procedure of updating via a terminal program and a serial port is described in the manual.
Old 21st August 2019, 02:04 PM   #705
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
Check the firmware version and update if not the latest. The procedure of updating via a terminal program and a serial port is described in the manual.

Ok, I will read it carefully and try to it myself. If I can't do it, I have a friend who can. Thanks!

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC moduleHide this!Advertise here!