• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Is there a way to hook up a headphone jack to this board directly or would we need to use an output board/buffer board for it?

The whole idea for the dam1941 is that it's just the R-2R core and digital interfaces, the things that are hard to do.... So the Power Supply and Output Buffer are separate boards and it's your decision what to use there, and if it will have a headphone amplifier.... There are control signals available on the header for the buffer amp, so you can switch between line out and headphones, just like on a dac1541.

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Is it possible to power the USB interface by the PS which I plan to use for the dam19x1?
This PS is much better than the PS of the USB host.
Thx

Matt

You could use a SilentSwitcher which has a a dedicated 6.5/5/3.3 selectable output for the USB interface. Set the ultra low noise outputs to +/-5V and the 6.5/5/3.3 to 5V.

The SilentSwitcher | Linear Audio NL

Then you can supply the whole thing from either a USB charger or a Powerbank for totally mains free, no transformer etc, power.

Jan

You could use a SilentSwitcher which has a a dedicated 6.5/5/3.3 selectable output for the USB interface. Set the ultra low noise outputs to +/-5V and the 6.5/5/3.3 to 5V.
The SilentSwitcher | Linear Audio NL
Then you can supply the whole thing from either a USB charger or a Powerbank for totally mains free, no transformer etc, power.

Jan,
thanks but no solution I am looking for.

@soekris:
Can you give some advice how to solder on the board to get USB power from the PS and not the USB host?
Thx

Matt

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here is a nice picture of a dam1941 system, with the accessory PCBs mounted.

The Power Supply PCB is only partial mounted, there is room for additional voltage doubled +- supplies for a more demanding Output Buffer.

The basic Output Buffer showed here is using R-R OUT opa1678 opamps, they do fine with just the basic +- 5V, but there are space for DIP sockets for the opamps....

Notice the 3 7-segment LEDs and the encoder for volume, the black part just next is the IR receiver. The User Interface board is designed for a 5mm front plate, but are pretty flexible as except for a few so16 parts it's all leaded parts.

I now have the accessory PCBs in stock, I expect to get the dam1921/dam1941 boards any day now.

Full schematics, drawings and BOMs for the accessory boards will come up tonight on soekris.dk, in the next couple of days full info for the dam1921/dam1941 will come up.

Attachments

• dam1941_sys_top.jpg
    dam1941_sys_top.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 1,117
Last edited: