• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

The latest firmware for dac1541 incorporates the new 4K length FIR filters. They are very good indeed. I personally prefer the minimum phase filter (green LED). The piano strokes, guitar plucks, vocals are very realistic, sometimes eerily lifelike.

I’m not too sure about dam1941 but I believe the same 4K filters are there. Probably Soren can confirm.

Prakit what filter are you using. Your comments would be useful especially since you also had a 1021. How do the filters compare?

I have gone thru all 24 pages of this thread and nobody seems to have made any mention of filters. The 2018-10-08 manual of the 1941 makes mention of four filters in the uManager Commands section but refers to dam1121 in the Updating Firmware section. Can I assume that updating the dam1941 software is identical?

Are the filters on the dam1941 same as the dac1541? What is the default filter setting?

There are some not so flattering comments about filters used in the dac1541 posted around December 2017, but I see mention made on the Soekris website April 6, 2018 that they have been updated. Are these in the dam1941? Any user comments?

Thanks.
nash

The dam19x1 use same new filters as the dac1541. People seems to be happy with them.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Prakit what filter are you using. Your comments would be useful especially since you also had a 1021. How do the filters compare?

I have gone thru all 24 pages of this thread and nobody seems to have made any mention of filters. The 2018-10-08 manual of the 1941 makes mention of four filters in the uManager Commands section but refers to dam1121 in the Updating Firmware section. Can I assume that updating the dam1941 software is identical?

Are the filters on the dam1941 same as the dac1541? What is the default filter setting?

There are some not so flattering comments about filters used in the dac1541 posted around December 2017, but I see mention made on the Soekris website April 6, 2018 that they have been updated. Are these in the dam1941? Any user comments?

Thanks.
nash

I think your questions were well answered. I just want to add that it could take sometimes to figure the effects of each filter. With 1021 I preferred Minimum Phase by far. But I found the degree of preference is much less with the 1941. The default mixed Linear/Minimum sounds good to me. I have not tried the 4K though.

Prakit

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ghost volume status messages

Søren,

What the heck these volume status messages (V+00, V+64) at DAM1941 init?

I built display and IR remote control for DAM1941 using Dimdim's ArDAM_Lite panel with Arduino Nano and 1.3" OLED.

Working perfectly, but managing these "false" init status messages reserve unnecessary storage space in the very "narrow" Arduino Nano.
It was necessary send volume ( for example -3) command to DAM to get "real" volume status message.

Attachments

• Initial serial status messages web.jpg
    Initial serial status messages web.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 764
  • DAM1941 display.jpg
    DAM1941 display.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 761
Last edited:
Hi,
I have finally do a test of 1941, direct balanced output (no buffer) to 2 Ncores mononoblocs.
It sounds great ! very nice clear and natural, love it.

There is just 1 small problem. I have noticed occasionally the clicks !

What could be the cause of those clicks ?