• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GALA DAC - New Product, Coming Soon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I will be launching another product shortly, the GALA DAC.

It is based on the same circuitry as the ApplePi DAC (see here). Uses dual Burr Brown PCM1794A chips in monaural mode, with dual differential outputs.

This DAC has S/Pdif input, bit-perfect volume control, and full linear power supplies using LT3042s.

Specs:
SNR: 130dB (0dbFS, A-Weighted)
THD+N: -108dB (0dbFS)
Output Level: 5Vrms
Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz
Resolution: 16 and 24 bits

Introductory price: $400 ($500 Retail)

Here is a pic of front and back.
index.php

The reason I post this here is because I will also make the bare board available without the case to whom ever wants to implement the DAC in their own enclosure, or use it some other way. The price with no enclosure will be in the $275 USD range.

GALA - Ultra High Performance Stereo D/A Converter | Indiegogo

Thanks;
Leo

With all the work and running around trying to get the Indiegogo project running, I never had the time to sit down and properly listen to GALA.

Finally got GALA hooked up to my entertainment center, it sound much better than I could have imagined. It's hooked up to a pair of my own custom designed 25W mono-blocks.

Attachments

• 20181004_195233.jpg
    20181004_195233.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 267
[size=18pt]The GALA project will be launching on Tuesday Nov 13th, 2018.[/size]

If you singed up for the mailing list, please be on the lookout for the special link around that time to receive your discount.

The discount will only be available for 24 hours from launch.

Please share this project with your friends, family, coworkers and on social media to help it succeed.

Mailing list link:
GALA - Ultra High Performance Stereo D/A Converter | Indiegogo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.