• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom output voltage SilentSwitcher

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello all,

The +/-15V and +6.5/5.3.3V SilentSwitcher still is popular, but I have also been asked many times about adapting it to other output voltages like +/-8, +/-12, +/-18 etc.

That is not practically possible with the current version.

However, I have designed a version that can be customized by changing 4 (large) SMD resistors. The idea is to have the board manufactured as there's a lot of smallish SMD on it, including the minuscule chips with hidden pins, and the user puts in the 4 large size 1206 SMDs. I would then probably include a set of SMD resistors for several voltages. Pricing would be similar as the fixed version.

I have to determine the max current available; obviously the higher Vout the lower the current, but I will list that when I have it.

For now I am gouging interest; if there's only two guys who want it I probably will not invest all the time and money to complete the project. ;-)

So, lets hear it!

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just an update:

I just ordered a set of prototypes for the SilentSwitcher with customizeable outputs.
I will build up a set from +/-5 to +/-24, and characterize them with respect to output current and noise/ripple.
That'll take at least 6 weeks from now, but after that I will post the result and then will set up a Group Buy for the new sets.

thanks, Jan

Is this moving forward Jan? Or did you enjoy this summers weather instead?:D:cool:

Just an update:

I just ordered a set of prototypes for the SilentSwitcher with customizeable outputs.
I will build up a set from +/-5 to +/-24, and characterize them with respect to output current and noise/ripple.
That'll take at least 6 weeks from now, but after that I will post the result and then will set up a Group Buy for the new sets.

thanks, Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes this is moving forward. In fact a batch should be delivered already several weeks ago, but the manufacturer told me they rejected the whole batch due to quality issues with the PCB. Several of the small 'stitches' holes were not properly metallized.

So they restarted the whole project, no cost to me of course but a month delay. Should be a few more weeks.
Sorry for that, appreciate your patience. But from one point of view I was glad they detected the issue.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Good news: if there are no issues with testing, I will take delivery on Monday the 17th! Then I need to sort the customizing resistors and add them to the packages, bring it all to the shipper and make sure it gets on the road to you! So should be able to ship next week. Price will be the same as the original fixed value, euro 79 each, a pair for euro 149. Shipping will be flat euro 5 anywhere, any quantity.

I have a few names on my waiting list whom I will contact separately. If you are interested, let me know and I will keep a running list here.

Attached is the customizing guide, to wet your appetite ;-). For all tech details and info see my website at The SilentSwitcher | Linear Audio NL .

Hope all this is useful for your stable, noise- and hum free low power supply requirements!

Jan

Attachments

• SSvar customizing guide.pdf
    284.9 KB · Views: 63
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member

Attachments

• customizing user guide r2.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.