• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

Friends,

I’ve got some PCB’s left to built up an „Ultra Low Noise“ power supply, which I’d like to offer here.
It’s about LT3045 based PCB’s, so you can built up symmetrical (connected by a jumper) or separate power supplies, the PCB itself can be devided in the middle as shown on the pictures, so you’ll get two power supplies for different projects.
Up to 3x LT3045 can be used per side, which gives up to 1,5A per rail.
Output voltage is to be adjusted by using a potentiometer (up to 15V), I recommend to use a heatsing (up to 25x25mm per side).
I use the ps to power opamps in several devices and other designs, which are sensitive to power quality.

The PCB measures 50x68mm, 70um and is kept in beautiful white colour.
The Layout is used from the datasheet, you’ll also find all figures like noise etc there, please take a look to site 20 (parallel devices).
The BOM and the place plan will of course be published to all buyers. Because I did the PCB’s for myself, I don’t have a finished „HowTo“ yet.
If there's more interest, I could finish a small HowTo next days.

If somebody‘s interested, I have some LT3045 left, which can be bought for 5€ each.

International shipping should be about 3,70€ for small amounts, price per PCB is 12€

Contact me for any questions. If you’re intrested, please PM me.

Regards

Stammheim

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Highlights taken from datasheet:

· Ultralow RMS Noise: 0.8μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
with one regulator, noise is getting lower using multiple regulators
· Parallelable for Lower Noise and Higher Current
· Ultralow Spot Noise: 2nV/√Hz at 10kHz
· Ultrahigh PSRR: 76dB at 1MHz
· Output Current per LT3045: 500mA
· Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
· Output Voltage Range: 0V to 15V
· Low Dropout Voltage: 260mV

Last edited:
Another picture with the board delivering about 750mA:

GFMKlBK.jpg

Hi Stammheim,

wrote you an email, I'm in with one board. I had exactly the same idea a few weeks ago, but couldn't find the time to design the boards yet. The only difference I had in mind is to spend a second pot for the current limit function, as well as using Vishay precision pot:
praezisions-potentiometer-10-gang-mono-2-w-10-k-vishay-1-st.jpg

I have already 7 segment panel volt and current meter on my desk for that purpose:
714Y9CvaKmL._SY355_.jpg

Now you have been fastern than me and I can save that time and spent it on another project.

-branadic-

HowTo and BOM are finished, so it should be easy for everyone to understand!

Because I was asked to finish also boards for less experienced users, I also offered boards with fully published LT3045 (6 pcs per board) for 82€. That's a few bucks more, but soldering the little guys isn't easy, on the other side the function is checked, one only needs to populate other parts, 0805 and bigger.

Because sometimes a single power supply is needed, I created a single version of this LT3045 board.

Measures are the same, few parts changed to meet the needs... ultrasoft and ultrafast diodes, polymer capacitors at the output.

So 6 parallel LT3045 working makes 3A, the footprint is modified for easier soldering. Still adjustable from 0-15V output voltage.

A great ps to power several devices like DAC's, preamplifiers or small amps or headphone amps.

hpuln-su_811973.jpg

Single and Dual boards are available for 12€ each.
For less experienced users the presoldered version (with 6 LT3045 published) is available for 72€.
The completely finished and tested boards are also available:

Dual ps: 132€
Single ps: 138€

Last edited:
Hi Shutdown,

Sorry for late response, I usually watch out for pm's :)

Yes, voltage drop is very low, but remember ripple which increases with heavy load. So if you want to keep the heatsink cold and need only few mA, 1V DC might be OK, if you need full power, 12V AC might be good for 12V DC.

If you have an oscilloscope just try it out with different load.

Regards

Stammheim