• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

Cornan, have you also tried a singe PSU with transformer powering your Brooklyn?

Yes, I started with one and really planned to use the other single ps for my main router. I have used LT3045 boards (Idovr) in series for quite a while and know those made a difference for the better in series compared to singles, so it was´nt that far fetched to try Michael´s single ps in series. I am very glad I did though. It really sounds MUCH better than just in single IME.
This also seems to be true with other voltage regulators like for example LT1963 thogh.

Thanks Cornan! I tried a AMB Sigma 11 and a sBooster on my Brooklyn and although there is some improvement in sq, it was not a day and night difference... Using two Stammheim is probably a bit too much for my wallet :) One would be an option though...

You are welcome Leeuwarden! I am pretty sure you would end up very satisfied using Sbooster or Sigma 11 in series with a single ps as well. I am very confident that Stammheim's ps will improve any power supply. Two single ps in series will just squeeze out more SQ out of a already great combo so to speak! :)

Well, I just ordered 2 single rail pcb's. Let's see what happens!

Awesome Leeuwarden! Just so you know. If you ever get dissapointed by two in series I will personally buy one of your ps. No questions asked! What ever happens I know I will have a place for it in my setup.

Another thing that you might want to try if you’re the adventurous type is to get a balanced isolation transformer with floating secondary. I just moved to a new appartment and was a bit troubled by the lack of safety ground receptacles in all of the ac mains wall outlets in my ne place. Being fresh I decided to start all over and re-evaluate each of my additions to isolate grounds. Thought to myself that my balanced IT with floating sec probably would’nt make a difference with a 2 prong ac mains outlet. I was sooo wrong! Now even my iPhone SE connected to Dragonfly black v1.5 +Jitterbug and my Gibson Les Paul 8 connected to the balanced IT with floating sec competes with usual my Brooklyn DAC setup! ��

Next mission will surely be to find a way to combine the balanced IT with floating secondary with Stammheims single ps in series. But I think I will have to get some help around DiyAudio to get that project going! Two (or rather three) good things got to be good together. More about this later! ��

Last edited:
SMT soldering and your third double expresso of the day don't mix. Luckily after a couple of pints in the pub I was in tip-top soldering mode... ;-)

The good looking side
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The business side
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

She's rock solid, and by using rectifiers with a bit more froward drop I've managed to keep the heat pretty low as well. My dac never sounded better.

My first steps...
Hmmm... iPhone's orientation is a bit funny...

Attachments

• Bakken en braden.JPG
    Bakken en braden.JPG
    693.1 KB · Views: 870
Last edited:
Recently replaced an old Audiowind linear regulator for DC 1.3 volts direct to RAM on my audio PC with 2x of the 6 LT3045 Reg boards and had a really big improvement in sound quality.

RAM pulls about 2.9 amps at 1.3 volts on boot and settles at about 2.7 amps running.
The Audiowind regulator was fixed to the audio PC case for heat sinking and worked and it was better than the on-board switched supply on PC boards.

Adding the Stammheim boards really improved sound substantially and is now in my top three improvements for PC based playback.

The standard heat sinks will not cut it for RAM current so I made some copper heat sinks which are bolted to the case and heat never gets too hot to hold your finger on the board after several hours listening.
I used some folded terminal clips to clamp the copper to the boards and it holds well and helps keep good contact with the 3M adhesive heat transfer tape.

The left LT3045 supply is standard and while i tried an AC 6.3 volt supply i ended up going back to the available 5v DC Paul Hynes supply IN with the DC out set to 3.2v to supply the right LT3045 board. You can add DC in on the bottom of the board by soldering to the inputs of the capacitors after the diodes.

The right LT3045 board was supplied without diodes for use as DC in only and the 3.2v in drops the voltage for direct to the RAM supply in to 1.3 volts.

It really has lifted my digital playback system to new heights in enjoyment of music.

Sligolad, many thanks for sharing your experience!
It's interesting what people use the HPULN's for. Applications, I have not thought about before. With all the devices / interfaces on the market it's also a challenge to find out, which mod might be succelful.

Which thickness did you use for the copper heatsinks?

Congrats to your mod, happy to hear you have (audible) success!

Regards

Stammheim