• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: „Ultra Low Noise“ Power Supply, LT3045 based PCB’s

Hi guys,

The best way to contact me is to pm, so sorry I let you guys waiting. I just wrote you, so if you still are interested in some boards, just let me know.

I really like the HFE diodes, but because the guys are getting hot to above 90C° when delivering 3A, I recommend good quality Vishay MBR1045 instead, which have nearly half Vf and got comfortable warm. I always let it people know within the HowTo, but want to make the hint "official" here.

I you have questions, let me know.

There are people around the world using the LT3045 boards, I'd be happy about people sharing their experiences here, so feel free :D

Regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Hi Stammheim! You asked me some time ago to post about my project. Here is what I did with the superb PSU. I love the look of the blue heat sinks which are visible through the venting openings on the top! :cool:

More information in the DAC thread: Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160 and more photos on my website.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Stammheim! You asked me some time ago to post about my project. Here is what I did with the superb PSU. I love the look of the blue heat sinks which are visible through the venting openings on the top! :cool:

More information in the DAC thread: Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160 and more photos on my website.

Very nice build @aakkonen! I will get my single ps's boxes later on and surely want something that shows the beauty of Stammheim's boards. I love when beauty in looks meets beauty in SQ. :)

Installed the 6 x LT3045 Power supply in my audio PC last week.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H & PPA OCXO Mobo, Intel Core i7 4770S • 1150 Haswell, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) UDIMM Memory Modules BLS2K8G3D1609ES2LX0 DDR3 PC3-12800 • 9-9-9-24 • set at 5-5-5-20 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 • Low Profile, Bios set 800mhz Cpu & Memory, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v for Mobo, 5v for clock.

It has provided a great step up in the sound, better bass attack cleaner transients.

Got the boards built with both channels combined to power the Motherboard RAM at 1.3 volts.
Startup amps for RAM are at 2.9 amps and quickly settles at 2.7 amps.

When I first set it up i supplied 5v in from a Paul Hynes power supply and the heatsink was getting too hot so switched to 3.3v in off 2 x Lipo4 batteries trickle charged off a 3.3v linear supply and now running at a nice temperature.

Really impressed with this Power Supply so ordered a second unit.

Installed the 6 x LT3045 Power supply in my audio PC last week.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H & PPA OCXO Mobo, Intel Core i7 4770S • 1150 Haswell, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) UDIMM Memory Modules BLS2K8G3D1609ES2LX0 DDR3 PC3-12800 • 9-9-9-24 • set at 5-5-5-20 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • 1024Meg x 64 • Low Profile, Bios set 800mhz Cpu & Memory, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v for Mobo, 5v for clock.

It has provided a great step up in the sound, better bass attack cleaner transients.

Got the boards built with both channels combined to power the Motherboard RAM at 1.3 volts.
Startup amps for RAM are at 2.9 amps and quickly settles at 2.7 amps.

When I first set it up i supplied 5v in from a Paul Hynes power supply and the heatsink was getting too hot so switched to 3.3v in off 2 x Lipo4 batteries trickle charged off a 3.3v linear supply and now running at a nice temperature.

Really impressed with this Power Supply so ordered a second unit.

Nice! :)

Here is another thing you might want to try out when you get your second single ps?

IMG_6984.JPG.4b24e2e637ff93d9eb141074a699047e.JPG

I have tried it out using a Gophert csp-3205II (floating lab SMPS) powering my Brooklyn DAC with awesome results in terms of SQ.

IMG_6988.JPG.2ca166a17aacd748404d77b91338309f.JPG

Three power supplies in series is surely over the top. However, the SQ jump is unquestionable in my setup and it could hopefully give you or anyone else food for thoughts! :)

Last edited:
Forgive the noob questions... but is it no problem to feed the second ps a dc voltage? (apparently not).
How do you set the voltage of the "first" and second PS if for example 12Vdc is the final output?
What happens to the max load in Ampere when put in series?

I set the Gophert csp-3205II (floating lab SMPS connected to a balanced isolation transformer with floating sec) to 14v DC/5.1A max out. The first 3A ps to 13v DC out and the second 3A ps to 12v DC out (Brooklyn's required input). I haven't actually measured the max amperage output of the last ps. The Mytek Brooklyn DAC that this combo is powering pulls below 1A consntinously and peeks during a split second during power-splitter around 1.5A. well below 3A. This is the same figures as when it is powered by Gophert alone. The important thing for me personally is SQ, and this combo sounds glorious! :)

Cornan was first, thanks, mate!

There are some people using the D-HPULN in series. Can anybody share their experience comparing to use one rail only?

I just saw new posts on last page. Sorry guys, no idea why I am not getting notified.
I seem not to have had answered anything, but if you guys have an important question, please contact me per pm.

Oh well, I got new tools :D
What I can say is that my new R&S scope limits FFT by about -115dB, the LT3045 PS hits the limit.

Regards

Stammheim

Last edited:
Cornan was first, thanks, mate!

There are some people using the D-HPULN in series. Can anybody share their experience comparing to use one rail only?

I just saw new posts on last page. Sorry guys, no idea why I am not getting notified.
I seem not to have had answered anything, but if you guys have an important question, please contact me per pm.

Oh well, I got new tools :D
What I can say is that my new R&S scope limits FFT by about -115dB, the LT3045 PS hits the limit.

Regards

Stammheim

Your welcome Michael! :)

Do let me know when you have something new up your sleeve! :rolleyes:

Micael

Based on aluminium profile cases by ProMa I designed a lab power supply using the LT3045 board. Nothing for audio stuff, just for sensitive circuitry on the lab desk.
As shown a few comments above I used 5digit voltmeter and ampmeter. Getting the case made took a while, but I'm currently at the final assembly.

-branadic-

Attachments

• ULNPS-Frontplatte.jpg
    ULNPS-Frontplatte.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,002
Nice! :)

Here is another thing you might want to try out when you get your second single ps?

View attachment 659599

I have tried it out using a Gophert csp-3205II (floating lab SMPS) powering my Brooklyn DAC with awesome results in terms of SQ.

View attachment 659600

Three power supplies in series is surely over the top. However, the SQ jump is unquestionable in my setup and it could hopefully give you or anyone else food for thoughts! :)

Got the second supply Cornan and set it up with 6.3v AC in with 3v out to the first supply giving 1.3v out to RAM and another step up in performance.
Just listened to Bjork's album Debut and I never heard it sound so good.

Going to have a look at the Lampizator Big7 next to see where I can add some more of these supplies, I already have 2 single 3.3v LDover LT3045 boards on the in and out of the USB input board and these were a big step up in sound quality, will now look at the DAC board for cleaner power and see what happens.

Great sound improvements for the price, well done Stammheim!

Got the second supply Cornan and set it up with 6.3v AC in with 3v out to the first supply giving 1.3v out to RAM and another step up in performance.
Just listened to Bjork's album Debut and I never heard it sound so good.

Going to have a look at the Lampizator Big7 next to see where I can add some more of these supplies, I already have 2 single 3.3v LDover LT3045 boards on the in and out of the USB input board and these were a big step up in sound quality, will now look at the DAC board for cleaner power and see what happens.

Great sound improvements for the price, well done Stammheim!

Really geat to hear Singolad!
You've got good music taste I must say. Bjork - Debut is a favorite album of mine as well. You might want to check out Arca - Arca (2017)

YouTube

Enjoy! :)

Last edited: