• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

I am a novice with very limited knowledge on electronics. Got the AZ OLED Lite from taobao.com. I have gone through the pdf manual of post #55 but could not understand how to connect this module with DAM1021. Can you please help me to understand. I am not understanding what to connect with ISP and the 7 pin connection. I have given the detail in the attached picture. I have also attached picture of what I have received in the packet, is there anything missing? The supplied transformer is 110 volt? we have 220 volt main, is it that I need to set the jumper as instructed in the manual or I need to change the transformer. Need your kind assistance.

Attachments

• AZ Lite connection.png
    AZ Lite connection.png
    232 KB · Views: 562
  • Included items.jpg
    Included items.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
I am a novice with very limited knowledge on electronics. Got the AZ OLED Lite from taobao.com. I have gone through the pdf manual of post #55 but could not understand how to connect this module with DAM1021. Can you please help me to understand. I am not understanding what to connect with ISP and the 7 pin connection. I have given the detail in the attached picture. I have also attached picture of what I have received in the packet, is there anything missing? The supplied transformer is 110 volt? we have 220 volt main, is it that I need to set the jumper as instructed in the manual or I need to change the transformer. Need your kind assistance.

1, RX--TX TX--RX not rx-rx tx-tx, please see the 7/10 of the pdf.
2. ac 110v 220v can be jumped,please see the picture(4/10 of the pdf)
143.jpg

Joined 2014
Paid Member
OLED stopped functioning

I'm building with the full AZ1021 kit (not the lite version). The OLED was functioning properly, including the functions with the rotary encoder (IR not yet attached). It worked properly several times and then stopped. The Soekris board is still functioning properly and the LED on the microprocessor board is lighted, but nothing on the display. Any suggestions will be appreciated because I'm stuck right now.

Many thanks.

I'm building with the full AZ1021 kit (not the lite version). The OLED was functioning properly, including the functions with the rotary encoder (IR not yet attached). It worked properly several times and then stopped. The Soekris board is still functioning properly and the LED on the microprocessor board is lighted, but nothing on the display. Any suggestions will be appreciated because I'm stuck right now.

Many thanks.

Please remove the OLED and try again. The led of MCU is just a power indicator.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I removed the OLED and the rotary encoder and applied power. Then I reconnected just the OLED - no change. Then I also reconnected the rotary encoder - no change. Still not working. Do I need to purchase a new MCU and/or OLED from you? I'm happy to do so if needed. I'm excited to get this working properly. Thank you.

I removed the OLED and the rotary encoder and applied power. Then I reconnected just the OLED - no change. Then I also reconnected the rotary encoder - no change. Still not working. Do I need to purchase a new MCU and/or OLED from you? I'm happy to do so if needed. I'm excited to get this working properly. Thank you.

I mean, Do it works well without OLED and rotary?Only run AZ with auto ?

Joined 2014
Paid Member
I reconnected the rotary encoder. Pin 1 connected to the square pad. Still doesn't work. Without rotary encoder and OLED connected, the DAC functions normally - auto selects the input and produces good sound. With OLED only connected, there's no change. with only the rotary encoder connected, it still operates in auto select mode - the rotary encoder has no effect. It's looking to me like I need a new MCU.