• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

After testing, AZ Lite can be used in 1941, but the input of dam1941 is different from dam1021,so there is a problem with input selection. The firmware of AZ lite will be modified later for dam1941.

Are you able to add some extra remote control bindings that can toggle unused pins on the MCU you are using for the AZLite? I would love to be able to switch on/off DPDT relay contacts for things like a headphone amp/output switch along with triggering nAMPon for the power amplifiers. Since you are updating the firmware this shouldn't be a big project.

Hi Leon,
So, have you AZ lite version for the DAM1941 ready to go.

Sorry for my delay,kits for Dam1941 is on the way. :)

dam1941.jpg

Are you able to add some extra remote control bindings that can toggle unused pins on the MCU you are using for the AZLite? I would love to be able to switch on/off DPDT relay contacts for things like a headphone amp/output switch along with triggering nAMPon for the power amplifiers. Since you are updating the firmware this shouldn't be a big project.

The main reason is to need a standby power supply.The power supply have to be changed for that. So we can only use your suggestions in the new version design.

Last edited:
Please consider this silly question. I am new in DIY without any knowledge on electronics. So far I have build a pair of Finalist Speaker, FW M2 amplifier, a tube preamp and a SS phono stage. I buy kits and assemble, and so far it is running well. Now I am trying to build a DAC with DAM1021. Very recently I bought AZ kit (Full kit not lite) from Taobao.com and it is being shipped. I am confused about the requirement of Transformer. How many transformers I need? Is it two, one 10/12 vac duel and one 6 vac. I will use custom made transformer, how to connect those. Someone to please help me specifying the spec of transformer.

Please consider this silly question. I am new in DIY without any knowledge on electronics. So far I have build a pair of Finalist Speaker, FW M2 amplifier, a tube preamp and a SS phono stage. I buy kits and assemble, and so far it is running well. Now I am trying to build a DAC with DAM1021. Very recently I bought AZ kit (Full kit not lite) from Taobao.com and it is being shipped. I am confused about the requirement of Transformer. How many transformers I need? Is it two, one 10/12 vac duel and one 6 vac. I will use custom made transformer, how to connect those. Someone to please help me specifying the spec of transformer.

You've done a good job! Using custom transformers, dual 10-12v and dual 6-7v are required.Please double check the pdf of AZ,you can cut off the PCB of transformers.

Sorry for my delay,kits for Dam1941 is on the way. :)

View attachment 751908
Nice look
Any price indication?
Technical details? LCD appearance?
It looks very well however some basic explanation is missing as well:
While use your PC which version of Soekris should be buy?
dam1921-02: EUR 380 (0.02% resistors, partial mounted single ended version)
dam1941-12: EUR 550 (0.01%/0.02% resistors, fully mounted balanced version)?
Is dam19x1 Set of Bare Accessory PCBs: EUR 30 required or can be skipped?
I understand that only this part marked in RED is your PCB:
JKIZJdC.jpg

What about Power Supply? It looks like Yours replaces original.
what about another additional PCBs?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Redesigned display PCB. MCU and control unit are combined on display PCB.

View attachment 758471
1/which version of Soekris should be buy?
dam1921-02: EUR 380 (0.02% resistors, partial mounted single ended version)
dam1941-12: EUR 550 (0.01%/0.02% resistors, fully mounted balanced version)?
2/Is dam19x1 Set of Bare Accessory PCBs: EUR 30 required or can be skipped?

Hi Leon,
If you are working on new firmware version please consider monitoring RS232 output and synchronizing you KIT's internal state with DAC state.
I have written an extension to Roon for volume controlling from the application. I'm using second RS232 slot on soekris dac to control it. When I change the volume from my application your KIT is presenting the last volume value set by the KIT. After using remote control your KIT is changing volume from last known value - the KIT state is not sync to DAC state.
In my extension, I'm monitoring RS232 output, so when sombody change the volume using your KIT (eg. by RCU or rotary encoder) new volume will be reflected also in my application.
I hope you understand my problem ;)

EDIT:
Another approach, probably the best, is to expose a few GPIO pins (maybe RS232 - you can choose the best/easiest option for you) and provide some API for controlling your KIT by external device/application. In such case it will be possible to use RPI or any other device and make a new system really smart ready. In such case it can be integrated with almost anything.
What do you think?

Last edited:
The main reason is to need a standby power supply.The power supply have to be changed for that. So we can only use your suggestions in the new version design.

Allowing the connection of self latching relays (bistable) that work on a reverse polarity would be cool feature in controlLite 2.0, that way you only need to store the values on startup still. I currently use a pair for my headphone amp switch.

Last edited:
1/which version of Soekris should be buy?
Only for dam1941,I haven't seen dam1921, and I don't have any information about it.
2/Is dam19x1 Set of Bare Accessory PCBs: EUR 30 required or can be skipped?
skipped.

According to the Soekris Engineering website the only difference between the dam1941 and dam1921 is that the 1941 has differential (balanced) circuitry the 1921 is single ended. It does not say anything about the size of the 1921. Given that information, would your latest product work for the 1921?