• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

Hi Lean,

Can AZ 1021 SK handle USB to I2S converter based on XU216 chip (it can take up to 800 mA) without external PSU for this converter?

BR,
Seba
In worse scenario you can "borrow" from main transformer from J5 input but in that case use 25VA transformer instead of 15. Remember this is 12-14V AC not 5.0 and 3.3DC as normally converters need. Additionally you should disconnect this converter from current power unit as I am pretty sure this will affect 7V transformer proper operation.

Last edited:
Leon, first of all, I must say thank you for this exceptional kit. The PCB, the components and the assembly is all top notch. Possibly the best DIY kit I have personally used. The DAC and Amenero are on their way :)

One thing and question - I may have a problem with the size and brightness of the display. It's just me being picky but I would ultimately like a more discreete , less vivid display.

Are the displays you provide proprietary to you? And do you think something like these 4DSystems OLED displays below would work? I'm thinking the answer is obviously yes, but would need re-designing from scratch. The interface can be compiled visually via sofware but I may need some tips on how to approach this. These come ready for the Arduino libraries.

4D Systems | uOLED-128-G2

New firmware for the dam1021 is up.
New firmware and filters for dam1021

Ok, the new dam1021 firmware and 4K anti-aliasing filters are now up at Soekris Engineering ApS, Downloads

I call it a beta as there are just too many revision and build variation out there, but if/when everything works then I will release it as ver 1.20.

The main new function is the new and improved anti-aliasing filters, now supporting double the number of taps, so up to 4K taps at 44.1 Ksps. Reports from dac1xxx users indicates that the new filters are great and worth an upgrade....

I have also ported the input source auto select code from the dac1xxx, so it now works very smooth....

The volume command is now more robust, and there is a new runtime phase select function, PN | PI, where PN is normal and PI is invert.

Please let me know if there are other wishes. But I will not at this time work on support for external clocks, it's of little use, it's complicated, and mostly, I don't have any setup to test it.

Anyone with the sk oled kits that have flashed their dac yet?

Leon, I have just received the kit, I must say, I am very impressed and aligned with passive420, great job. The regulators are soldered in the back, so in your opinion they should have a small heat sink or not. i haven't fire up because i don't have the 7 v transformer yet. it seems that new firmware has new functions, can you comment?