• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ultrasonic Record Cleaning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now Available

To all concerned:
We now have some 80khz Ultrasonic Cleaners available for sale on our Tindie.com web store (July 22, 2016).

More to follow!

Thank you all for your support!
-Louis
Vibrato, LLC.

Attachments

• Vibrato_clear.jpg
    Vibrato_clear.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 630
  • Vibrato_Testing.jpg
    Vibrato_Testing.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 622
Hello DIYAudio Members:
I just read about a practice I have never heard of before -
Playing Vinyl Albums "Wet" !!!
According to some self described audiophiles on Instagram, it reduces noise, like pops and hiss, etc, and increases clarity (seems unreal !).
Is this a standard practice?
Does anyone in this forum practice "wet vinyl"?

Also, I should have four 80khz ultrasonic cleaners completed by the end of this week (Feb 3, 2017).

Thanks,
Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

I signed up for the 80kHz unit waiting list. Can't wait to get one. Thanks.

Thanks for signing up on the waiting list! We just received the sheet metal and are waiting on some electronic parts to arrive so that we can start building the next batch of Ultrasonic Cleaners!

I'll post here before they are listed as 'back in stock'.

-Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

New Size

We've finally added a larger, 10 Quart 80KHz Ultrasonic Cleaner, with a Manual drain. It also has six 60 Watt Transducers, 120 Watt Heater, and Digital Thermostat/Countdown Timer.
We will have two 10 Qt Ultrasonics and three 6 Quart Ultrasonics available June 16, 2017, with more being produced.
Thanks!!!
-Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

10QT Vibrato_interior_IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

We were finally able to reach our 60KHz Transducer Supplier and buy plenty of stock.
Please to announce the Return of the 60KHz Ultrasonic Cleaner.
We currently have the 6 Quart size in stock on our Tindie.com Web Store here:
Vibrato 60KHz 6 Quart Ultrasonic Cleaner from VibratoLLC on Tindie

The 60Khz Ultrasonic has more abrasive power than our gentler 80KHz model, and provides better detailed cleaning than a standard, imported 40khz !

Here at Vibrato, LLC. , we had to do a professional evaluation of our pricing structure, as we had not taken into account many variables, such as the cost of shipping parts and supplies received for production and the seller fees from Tindie and PayPal.
As a result, some of our prices have been altered - some have risen, and some have lowered. Rest assured, that even with the changes, we are still selling our product below what we 'should' be charging !

We appreciate the loyalty and positive reviews we have received from the beginning ! If we are to be able to continue to provide a quality product, these changed had to happen.

Thank you for your encouragement and support!
-Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

Chinese Ultrasonic Damage.jpg

Last month I received an email asking if it was possible to modify one of the inexpensive Chinese-built Ultrasonic Cleaners to work at a higher frequency.
To give an informed answer, I bought a 6 Quart 40khz Ultrasonic Cleaner from AliExpress for $124.00 US.

Upon arrival, I heard noise from inside. As the photo I attached shows, one of the Transducers had been knocked off during shipping. I contacted AliExpress and was offered the options to either return the the unit and receive a full refund, or keep the unit for a partial refund. I opted for the partial refund ($24.00).
I was able to epoxy the transducer to the tank and it is now functional.

As evident from the photo also, is that the Transducers are welded to the tank by a retaining screw, which means it would be impossible to exchange the 40khz Transducers for higher frequency transducers without damaging the stainless-steel tank !
Also, it would require much experimentation / trial-and-error to modify the circuit to run the 40khz Transducers at a higher, harmonic frequency, because the output transducers are driven by a "feedback/current" toroidal transformer. This would require taking off/adding wire turns of the primary and dual secondaries of the transformer. (Note: Running a transducer at a harmonic frequency will also cause the Ultrasonic Driver board to run very Hot!).
So my conclusion is that it can not be done with acceptable results.

The Chinese Ultrasonic I bought was also heated, however, upon testing the unit I noticed the temperature only rose 0.2 degrees Celsius after an hour !
If you look at the photo again at the bottom right-hand side, you will see a small rectangular object under aluminum tape. That is the heating element ! About 1 inch X 2 inches ! Far too small to heat a tank this size !

That's my observation.
Sincerely,
Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

NEW FEATURES

All of our Vibrato Ultrasonic Cleaners are now shipping with a Manual Drain to facilitate our customers needs for adding water pumps and filters !

Also, our Vibrato 40Khz, 60Khz and 80Khz Vibrato Ultrasonic Cleaners are now shipping with our proprietary TREMOLO MultiZone Frequency Sweep circuit as a standard feature !

We have added a 135Khz Vibrato Ultrasonic Cleaner to our lineup on our Tindie Web Store.

Be sure to visit the link above and Thank You for your continued support!

Attachments

• Vibrato Drain.jpg
    Vibrato Drain.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Vibrato Drain Adapter.jpg
    Vibrato Drain Adapter.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 421
  • Tremolo Frequency Sweep.jpg
    Tremolo Frequency Sweep.jpg
    802.8 KB · Views: 419
I'd like to get some opinions on ideas to help lower the cost of our Ultrasonic Cleaners.

1)I'm thinking of moving our web store from Tindie.com to Big Cartel.
Big Cartel has a free option for 5 or less items. Has anyone had a bad experience with Big Cartel?

2) Would an Ultrasonic Cleaner WITHOUT a Heater/Thermostat option be desirable? Since the ultrasonic cavitation heats water, is a heater really necessary? It would only have the Digital Countdown Timer.

3) I'm considering dropping the 60khz model. They are not selling as well as I had hoped, probably due to the higher cost of the unit. (The 35 watt 60khz transducers are more expensive than the 60 watt 80khz transducers, plus I have to use more of them per unit!)

I appreciate any input on these ideas and other comments!

Sincerely,
Louis Steele
Vibrato, LLC.

I'd like to get some opinions on ideas to help lower the cost of our Ultrasonic Cleaners.

1) Have no experience.

2) Would an Ultrasonic Cleaner WITHOUT a Heater/Thermostat option be desirable?

Yes. I find with my 80kHz Vibrato, that after a 15-16 minute degassing session, the temperature is about where I want it to be to clean a set of records. I've discovered that I do not want the temperature to be above ~26 to 27°C. RCA Dynaflex records are the first to warp. However, I would want to know the temperature of the solution, while an external thermometer could do that for me. When the temperature does get to 27°C, I circulate the solution until the temp comes down a few degrees. Then I clean the next batch.

3) I'm considering dropping the 60khz model.

No experience. I have experience with a 40 and 80kHz models. But, if wishes could be fishes, how about a variable frequency and variable output USC. A machine that could be used at 40kHz, then 80kHz and where the power output was through a potentiometer.

Or what about a USC that has side-mounted transducers? Would that be better or matter in USC vinyl records.

Thanks for asking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.