• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SilentSwitcher - mains-free +/-15V and 6/5/3.3V power

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Well I spoke with Joachim Gerhard this weekend at an audio show, he had a phono preamp powered by a prototype SilentSwitcher, he was very enthusiastic!

No hum, no noise, great sound, and very important: no need to design & build 'hi-end' mains power supplies, which may even need a separate box for best performance! Think of the hassle and cost saved.

So in that sense I (obviously ;-) think it is a great new way to power small signal stuff.

Edit: important for small manufacturers: no mains inside the equipment means no certification cost. Another significant savings.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I posted an update on the Kickstarter project and on my website.

I have some pictures from the mech mockup I did for the autoranger and I wanted to share those - showing how it will look if you decide to use the USB B power input for a truly wireless and compact power supply.
Note that the USB B will be on the back side of the PCB; the parts and the +/-15V and 6/5/3.3V headers and the On/Off switch header are on the side facing inward.

Jan

Attachments

• back view.jpg
    back view.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,240
  • ss inside view.jpg
    ss inside view.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,232
Last edited: