• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SilentSwitcher - mains-free +/-15V and 6/5/3.3V power

could you tell me how i can figure this out?
and why do you say its only +24 I am using it right now with a 24v normal power supply plugged in the wall

24v 1a power supply

and it's working it's just very noisy, thats why i want to go with battery power supply.

ill ask the seller again... he's not very talkative... i wont do buisness with him anymore.

"New message from: am_audio (429Turquoise Star)
Hi Fabien,

It needs as little as 10-20mA of current for each channel and +24-28VDC. It doesn't require symmetrical +/- power supply.

Best,
Andrew"

so it doesn't require it but doesn't hurt it either, i'm good!

looking forward for this package!

hi
can silentswitcher be paralleled for splitting load?
i need to power up 4DACs and DIYinHK XMOS board; power requirements are
+15: (26+79)ma = 105ma x4 = 420mA
-15: (22+32)ma = 55ma x4 = 220mA
3.3V: 0,8A max (for XMOS)
so three S-S would fit my needs (to cut cost). if not possible, than at least is 3.3V DC possible to paralel?

i'm going to use it for car audio purposes :) i'm having trouble with obtaining needed voltages;
f.e. to get clean DC5V: car battery -> step down converter to get 9V -> LT3045 regulator to get 5V DC;
i had trouble to find proper +-15V DC converter, but i think i found one :)

LT3045 regulators that i have needs 7to9V DC voltage range as input, so i need to lower car's installation voltage to accepted value;

my only issue is that XMOS board need 0,8A max (0,4A nominal) at 3.3V; silentswitcher provides 0,5A max with 5V DC input; ability to parallel load would solve my problems :)

do i understand correctly, that if i'll deliver 9V DC (or 8V DC) as input voltage for silentswitcher, then current limits double (or will be close to double for 8Vdc; as per linearaudio site instructions) ?
will this benefit to much higher output noise or thermal issues?

for converting voltage from CA installation voltage (12-16) to 8or9V DC i'll be using converter from aliexpress with 'whopping' 1200W capability;
i've tested it and it can push 15A through it without overheating, so it should do the work

I just got my Silentswitcher and powered it with a 9v battery. It is being used to run an opa1612 amplifying the output of a passive notch filter below. When I do this I end up with about -28.8v on V- and about +1.2v on V+ on the op amp and of course nothing works( when there is no load on the silentswitcher, its +/-15v output is fine).
In the past I have produced +/-4.5v and virtual ground to power it with just an lm4562, 2 100k resistors to the non inverting input as a divider and a 50 ohm series resistor on the output as a virtual ground.
This works fine.
Any ideas what might be unbalancing the voltage on the rails? Can’t I use the ground ouput from the silentswitcher as virtual ground for the circuit below?
Thx for any help.

1639871673845.png

I just got my Silentswitcher and powered it with a 9v battery. It is being used to run an opa1612 amplifying the output of a passive notch filter below. When I do this I end up with about -28.8v on V- and about +1.2v on V+ on the op amp and of course nothing works( when there is no load on the silentswitcher, its +/-15v output is fine).
In the past I have produced +/-4.5v and virtual ground to power it with just an lm4562, 2 100k resistors to the non inverting input as a divider and a 50 ohm series resistor on the output as a virtual ground.
This works fine.
Any ideas what might be unbalancing the voltage on the rails? Can’t I use the ground ouput from the silentswitcher as virtual ground for the circuit below?
Thx for any help.

View attachment 1006403 Never mind. User error!

The supply voltage seems OK (30V total) but your ground is no longer in the middle.
Looks like the artificial ground is messing things up.
Now that you have genuine + and - 15VDC, throw out that artificial ground stuff and Bob's your uncle.

Jan
I had replaced my lm4562 virtual ground/rail splitter with the silentswitcher. The problem was me being careless with cables. After I fixed that the power situation was fine.

However I encountered a new problem. This was a setup to measure very low noise dacs at 1khz using a quantasylum qa402. It has been working properly measuring dacs with thd+n down to -120db(SMSL SU-9).
When I replaced my lm4562 rail splitter with the silentswitcher, the qa402 started to go into auto attenuation meaning it didn’t like the input range. I had to go from normal 0db input attenuation to 18db attenuation to get it to stop.
I measured the output from the opa1612 attached to the notch filter going into the qa402. 25mvac and 75mvdc(I should block this but the qa402 is ac coupled so it has never been a problem in the past). These voltages are the same as when I used just the lm4562. Something in the power from the silentswitcher is producing this erratic behavior. No idea what could be the difference.
Are there any gotchas I should know about on the silentswitcher?