• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SilentSwitcher - mains-free +/-15V and 6/5/3.3V power

Is it necessary to shield the SilentSwticher with a DAC nearby?
DAC1.jpg

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Not really, but I would move those RCAs to the bottom of the case where the text 'FOR DIY USE ONLY' is.
Ideal position with very short wires.
Why place them close to the supply and running unnecessary long wires to them?

And move the DC input jack up, away from the DAC, because that jack carries pulsating currents.
Move it all the way up as far as it can go.

Jan

has the BOM, schematic, or layout of the silentswitcher been published somewhere?
I am thinking about designing a pcb myself, since they are not available anymore.

Unless you are into SMPS design, you are probably better off purchasing an off-the-shelf Murata switcher and following it up with the Analog Devices (formerly Linear Tech) ultra low noise linear regulators. The Murata's are very compact, come in a range of input and output voltages (some duals), and are available from the usual suspects. The ADI ULN low dropout regulators are excellent in terms of noise, output impedance and PSRR.