• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

On this regard,

Can you be more detailed on how you make these devices intrinsically safe? Im just curious on the SMPS i bought from Allo! I have 5 of them. Im worried because after watching the review of John Darko on the Allo signature (the battery pack smoked twice). I don't know whether John was reckless or he was too excited to connect the power pack. It appears to me that the battery pack or any other power supply, Allo offers, are not intrinsically safe.

All battery packs comes with the correct marking now. We sent an email to John a while back advising about the issue , but some weeks passed and information was lost.In any case its our responsibility and we corrected the issue .

Back to the Katana... I played music via the Katana today while I was upstairs doing some other tasks. I was struck again with how good it is sounding and quickly sat down to add more recordings to the current playlist. I quickly forgot about my reason for being there as I just enjoyed the music and great sound. Things that stuck out to me tonight were the sense of rhythmic drive and pacing, dynamics, vocal clarity, and how it conveyed a good sense of the music and musical experience. It really did sound very good to me in my setup.
Greg in Mississippi

I am very glad to hear it :)
I think that what you are describing its the low jitter..

Yesterday I received a Katana V.1.2 and I was happy. I don't know which Opamp board is SQ or Pure TDH. I try a prefix assembly board included Katana and MC board. It sound very detail and separated level makes very good space. I use a Cyrus X Power + PSX-R drive a pair of Totem Rainmaker. I'm not a pro reviewer. But a renew product from Allo and their way supporting customer make us acceptable enough after more than 3 months wait and wait....

Attachments

• IMG_20181115_170546.jpg
    IMG_20181115_170546.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 348
About PSU, I use 3xLT1963 Chinese board ( Mod Mundorf cap 10000uF ) supply to Mezzanine board for Pi3.
Mezzanine Power board<br>for Raspberry Pi
For Katana, I use a Teradak LT1083 fit to USB type C of MC board. I want to check how V1.2 sound as Allo defaut recommend about PSU.
Lasttime for Katana V1, even I use 3 PSU for stacks : 2x5V LT3045 for DAC and MC, a +-15VDC Salas UltraBib 1.3 for the Opamp, Mezzanine to PI3, it sounds less detail and funny than Katana V1.2. I also got very bad smurf sound because onboard +-15V regulator failed and disappear about it.
But, now I hope after weeks burn-in, V1.2 should be better. And I like it very much.

Attachments

• 45029944_218733882159459_6498090372713938944_n.jpg
    45029944_218733882159459_6498090372713938944_n.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:
Yesterday I received a Katana V.1.2 and I was happy. I don't know which Opamp board is SQ or Pure TDH. I try a prefix assembly board included Katana and MC board. It sound very detail and separated level makes very good space. I use a Cyrus X Power + PSX-R drive a pair of Totem Rainmaker. I'm not a pro reviewer. But a renew product from Allo and their way supporting customer make us acceptable enough after more than 3 months wait and wait....

I am very glad to hear Anhton , sorry for the delay , but we took the time and tested , retested and then compared our findings with more testers.. (looking at you Greg :)

We simply wanted to get it right (SQ) and its not an easy thing to do.

About PSU, I use 3xLT1963 Chinese board ( Mod Mundorf cap 10000uF ) supply to Mezzanine board for Pi3.
Mezzanine Power board<br>for Raspberry Pi
For Katana, I use a Teradak LT1083 fit to USB type C of MC board. I want to check how V1.2 sound as Allo defaut recommend about PSU.
Lasttime for Katana V1, even I use 3 PSU for stacks : 2x5V LT3045 for DAC and MC, a +-15VDC Salas UltraBib 1.3 for the Opamp, Mezzanine to PI3, it sounds less detail and funny than Katana V1.2. I also got very bad smurf sound because onboard +-15V regulator failed and disappear about it.
But, now I hope after weeks burn-in, V1.2 should be better. And I like it very much.

Do you have a reference DAC Anhton ? Can you compare it with your reference ?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I think that is the price without the RPi. The Pi is not shown in the pictures.
I don't see why you have to choose between B and B+ versions though.

This is my question too...

There's a $20 difference between the option of B & B+. Why is that?

And if there is actually a difference in the board, which one was shipped for prior customer's replacements?

I'm also surprised to see that the HW Rev number on the boards is still 1.2 on the new Katana, as it was 1.2 on the old one as well. Were changes only made physically to the existing PCBs, and not to the PCB implementation?

Thanks!

Hi to all.
We will remove the RPI option on the KATANA stack.

RPI will only be available when purchasing the complete assembled player.

On the Katana Player page, you will still be able to select which RPI version you want.
the B+ version is the latest one... some people want that , others dont mind and opt for saving some money.

Regards