Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs
New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #3021
cdsgames is online now cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
@cdsgames

Some thoughts.

I'm wondering if you guys would be considering to work on a less complex DAC above
the Boss league!?!?

Working on it as I type. One PSU
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #3022
BryceJ is offline BryceJ  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Katana Sound Quality Stack

If you have the Sound Quality Op Amp board in your Katana stack have a look at the two green ovals in the attached picture. I noticed that the two standoffs between the Katana board and the Op Amp board on this side were not tight. Any attempt to tighten the standoff would cause the boards to bend. The eight pin connector between these two boards was tight, but the standoffs were not. I believe this is caused by the small board that Allo added to the Sound Quality Op Amp board. This tiny board appears to go under the 8 pin connector.

Changing these two standoffs from 11mm to 12mm solved the problem. However, I found that I needed to leave the two 11mm standoffs on the opposite side of the board as the 12 pin connector on the back of the board didn't seat correctly with 12mm standoffs.

I was not happy with the fit of the acrylic case on my stack and I will not be using it. The middle red oval shows the device heat sink touching the bottom of the top cover while there is almost an 1/8" (~3mm) gap to the top of the posts on each side. The cutout in the top cover of my case does not allow the heatsink to pass through.

The music is great however. I am waiting for my linear power supply parts to arrive and looking forward to the change that it will make.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Katana Front Sm.jpg (115.3 KB, 73 views)

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCsHide this!Advertise here!