Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs
New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2018, 04:28 AM   #2491
sp33ls is offline sp33ls
diyAudio Member

Hey there,

So, those who ordered and received the first Katana will receive the Isolator and both output stages free of charge with the new Katana?

Any updates on when those will ship out?

Thanks!
Old 10th October 2018, 06:15 AM   #2492
wushuliu is offline wushuliu  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
We will post on how to desolder the filter. I understand that some customers will be confused and some will wait until they know what version to buy, but the decision was not driven by marketing. There are 2 camps , THD+N and subjective sound quality. Our Katana was announced at -112.75THD+N and we want to customers to have both options. In fact , the decision was driven by customers even though it means that it will make things more complicated for us .
This is terrific. Well done, and thank you.
Old 10th October 2018, 08:39 AM   #2493
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33ls View Post
Hey there,

So, those who ordered and received the first Katana will receive the Isolator and both output stages free of charge with the new Katana?

Any updates on when those will ship out?

Thanks!

Yes they will receive the 3 boards free

Manufacturing will advise us shortly. I canot commit yet to a firm date but still "soon"
Old 11th October 2018, 07:51 PM   #2494
isaacc7 is offline isaacc7  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheck View Post
2nd Harmonics make things potentially "nicer". Yes, Pass degrades signals from a technical perspective.

There are still many people out there, who like smooth and warm sounding "analog"
playback. Fair enough.

There are numerous digital filters which can help you with it too.

Many times people cover up their flawed systems by adding a bit warmth and smoothness to it. Fair enough.

Instead of covering up the flaws I'd rather like to get rid of them. That'd me my strategy in
the first place.

Enjoy.
I remember seeing some speculation about the possibility of 2nd harmonic distortion upstream acting as a cancellation signal to speakers’ own 2nd harmonic distortion. Don’t want to veer off topic too much but as far as 2nd harmonics go, there may be a reason that some people prefer electronics with them.
Old 12th October 2018, 06:57 AM   #2495
soundcheck is offline soundcheck  Germany
diyAudio Member

* First of all over here we're talking about a random noise and harmonics spectrum. - This is unwanted.
* Even if there'd be a technical reason for playing with 2nd (2nd order/even order ??)
we'd still be talking about a flawed system. You fight flaws with other flaws and by doing
so you add even more flaws and hope you'll have it all right after that. Good luck with that.
Similar issue with people who think they solve their issues be running equalizers.
Most of these folks just don't realize that they heavily mess with the signal harmonics.
And make things even worse.
* In the digital photography area things are more obvious. In the early days the results
were so bad that they wouldn't work without heavy smoothing.
On todays high quality camera chips - if trying a smoothing filter - you're just leaving it
alone. It looks awful.
And that's what I and many others experienced in audio too. The better your base system
the less you can live with artificial flaws. You rather concentrate on addressing the core flaws of the system.

However. Since everybody is in a different phase on the audiophile evolution scale, a certain tweak - even if it is a flaw on its own - might be the better compromise at that point in time.

Enjoy.

Last edited by soundcheck; 12th October 2018 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12th October 2018, 02:25 PM   #2496
anhton82 is offline anhton82  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Hi cdsgames, I message to you, but your inbox full already.
In this topic, you said that as this link New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs
So, I think : all people that odered and get Katana 1 have 2 options :
1. Get a refund and can keep Katana V1.
2. Wait ( months or years...) and get Katana V2 and New Iso free.
May I wrong?!?
Old 15th October 2018, 08:42 AM   #2497
cdsgames is offline cdsgames  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Anthon

we have a few customers that have shipping costs that are almost higher than cost of Katana. So for those customers it makes no sense to send it back. If you have a distri in your country kindly send it back and we will reimburse everything.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 AM   #2498
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsgames View Post
Hi Anthon

we have a few customers that have shipping costs that are almost higher than cost of Katana. So for those customers it makes no sense to send it back. If you have a distri in your country kindly send it back and we will reimburse everything.
Thanks for your confirm. Next times pls note exact infor in your Website. It's better than you said in some forum like here. Customer can wait and belive your product if they trust in your trade name... If you loss our trust....
Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM   #2499
pbarna is online now pbarna  Romania
diyAudio Member

Man, ask for refund or wait for new boards. It's simple, don't lament on every forum.
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #2500
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarna View Post
Man, ask for refund or wait for new boards. It's simple, don't lament on every forum.
Did you order a Katana ?

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCsHide this!Advertise here!