Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

[ANNC] eBook on Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP
[ANNC] eBook on Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2016, 05:27 PM   #1
mitchba is offline mitchba  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default [ANNC] eBook on Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP

Hello, I wrote an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide for designing a custom digital filter that corrects the frequency and timing response of your loudspeakers in your listening environment so that the music arriving at your ears matches as closely as possible to the content on the recording.

To view the Table of Contents and read the first few chapters, click on the cover image "Look inside." https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FURPS40/

Enjoy the music!

Mitch
Old 24th May 2016, 03:21 PM   #2
fishball79 is offline fishball79  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fishball79
I've bookmarked your articles on Acourate on Computer audiophile so when I do get the
Lynx Hilo and Acourate i can easily follow your footsteps.

I am certainly keen to support you but being from Singapore i cannot buy the kindle version. Any chance I paypal you $10 for a pdf one? I promise not to share
Old 25th May 2016, 10:54 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the support! I am currently looking at INscribe Digital as an aggregator to distribute PDF's. But it is going to take a bit of time. Unfortunately, I can't accept PayPal. In the meantime, if you happen to be in Japan one day :-) you can purchase the eBook here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01FURPS40

Kind regards, Mitch
Old 26th May 2016, 12:50 AM   #4
Richidoo is offline Richidoo  United States
diyAudio Member

Wicked cool!

Can your book help with optimizing an active digital crossover stereo speaker system?

Is the book useful to layman to better understand the technology, and to help the process of setting it up?
Old 26th May 2016, 03:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello Richidoo,

Thanks! Yes, to both of your questions. In the book is a step-by-step walkthrough of a 3-way digital crossover stereo speaker system. While it is not a novice book, it does explain the technology with examples, plus links to reference material that assists with the explanations. Hope that helps.

Kind regards, Mitch
Old 6th June 2016, 09:20 PM   #6
Richidoo is offline Richidoo  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes, very helpful, thanks Mitch.

I'm halfway through the book, enjoying it very much. Congrats! I have been intimidated by the power and complexity of Acourate, and heardstories about the steep learning curve, etc. So your book is clear enough instructions to let me give Acourate a try.

I used the book's advice about B&K curve to adjust my passive crossover, tilting the tweeter down a couple dB by increasing the parallel resistor, made a really big improvement in listenability without sacrificing the tone detail.

Another pointer for me to follow this direction is that my wife recently got a BMW with "Harmon Kardon" audio upgrade. It is dsp active, all dialed in to perfection. The band is floating out in front of the car with perfect imaging, perfect tone, deeply satisfying musically. It is an amazing listening experience, and makes me want that kind of sound in my home stereo. I've tried traditional hifi technique even with big budget without ever sounding that good.

I have used budget pro audio multichannel interface with JRiver dsp studio to make active system, but the interface SQ was not enjoyable. I had tried speaker management boxes like Rane and Behringer but they were either poor SQ or unreliable. DEQX sounds great but out of my budget. DIY Buffalo 8ch DAC had no I2S source that was low enough jitter. I knew about Acourate, AudioLense, rePhase, etc, but I hesitated because there was no inexpensive multichannel DAC with low jitter and audiophile sound quality. But last week I saw post here from diyinhk about their new multichannel XMOS USB>I2S adapter and mating 8ch ESS DAC. I have used their stereo USB adapters before, they are excellent. That should make a fine DIY computer audio interface for high end speakers. I ordered the pair today for $170 shipped! Still need ADC and Acourate, but I'm looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the guidance in the book.
Rich
Old 7th June 2016, 06:18 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Rich, that's great news! I am glad you are finding the book helpful.

Re: BMW and Harman Kardon - is that the 16 speaker, 7.1 system?

I would love to hear more about the XMOS USB>I2S adapter and mating 8ch ESS DAC...

Kind regards, Mitch
Old 7th June 2016, 07:26 AM   #8
aradan is offline aradan  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Ok it should be possible to get it in SG too. And I am going to, but for now it is saying not available
Old 22nd July 2016, 05:22 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Sound On Sound book review:

Book Review: Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP | Sound On Sound

A related article I wrote on Computer Audiophile:

Computer Audiophile - Mitch Provides A Unique Perspective Of The Vancouver Audio Show
Old 27th September 2016, 05:28 PM   #10
GiAnt1961 is offline GiAnt1961  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchba View Post
Hello Richidoo,

Thanks! Yes, to both of your questions. In the book is a step-by-step walkthrough of a 3-way digital crossover stereo speaker system. While it is not a novice book, it does explain the technology with examples, plus links to reference material that assists with the explanations. Hope that helps.

Kind regards, Mitch
Hi Mitch,
I'm looking for a definitive step to step guide for my PC-based 4 way active system. Might your e-book to be the solution or is it only useful for 3 way systems?
Regards
Antonello

[ANNC] eBook on Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSPHide this!Advertise here!