• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio SMPS units for sale

Hi Do,

I really appreciate your review. And thanks for your valuable time testing my products.

There is no much difference on how the SMPS is looking.

I dont have pictures of fully assembled units for now, Just shipped one hours ago before reading this message.

I am attaching a picture of the single output NEW version.

I am unable to attach any extra images for some sort of error.

Attachments

• DSC02408.JPG
    DSC02408.JPG
    718.8 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:
Updates

The 1200W SMPS is under the design stage, Its still possible to add futures to the SMPS.

So, if you have anything in your mind that you love to see in a SMPS, please write it here.

Like:

Size
Mounting method
Preferd output connectors
Anything else..

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:
Well , a 6vdc aux future when you turn off the SMPS .
Why , when connecting an extra psu to the SMPS you can suffer from a large current draw and SMPS doesn't like that.You could use a softstart but when you keep the caps charged with let us say 6Vdc you don't need a softstart.Some say it's better for the lifetime of the caps to keep them under a small amount of voltage.

The new SMPS-1200 will be released soon.

The first unit passed all tests.

Specifications:

Output voltages Unregulated

+-55
+-62
+-75
+-81
+-84
+-90

AUX-1
+-24VDC Unregulated

AUX-2
+-15VDC Regulated

AUX-3
+12V Regulated (for class-d)

Fan output
+12V

Standby input

DC Error input

Other data

Over current & Short circuit
AC Loss detect
Thermal Protection

** NO vertical heat sinks anymore! heat sink is one plate underneath the PCB.
** 4 Layers PCB 2mm

Attachments

• DSC02426.jpg
    DSC02426.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 874
Last edited:
This is really a nice unit!

I'm using two of his 600W in the FirstOne amplifier and it works beautifully. I'm also using a much older 1200W from Cresnet on the FH9hv amplifier and it also deliver solid bass.

This model will be a nice addition to the Cresnet family of SMPS. I'm actually thinking of using two 1200W +/-55Vdc on a new amplifier... Interesting..!

Do

AC supply filter form my SMPS-600

Hi !

I purchased from you (September 2016) a couple of SMPS-600 for a dual mono amplifier (Lazy Cat's FO 1.4 modules)
They've been working fine so far, no problem.

I'm into upgrading my AC 230V/50Hz connector, and intend to add a Schaffner filter before the SMPS - unless there is already that type of filtering build in ?
If not, what type of Schaffner (or other kind) would you suggest that would best fit your smps ?
Thanks in advance, best regards

JMK

(copy of this in your PM box, sorry)