• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not use any streaming service. From there I have read that the quality of Tidal depends on the software used.

I use a VST plugin with JRiver and foobar2000.

Before some days, iZotope RX-5 De Hum VST 32 bits plugin in both soft.

A week ago I updated JRiver Media Center 23 to 64 bits. Now, iZotope RX-6 De Hum VST 64 bits plugin.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In the begining, years ago, the LPF was at 15,000.... 16500... 18000... 19000... 19800 and now 22050 Hz.

* foobar2000 only works with the old iZotope RX 5 VST plugin 32 bits.

Before, with fixed two notch: 65 Hz and 130 Hz. Now, Suggest (variable), eight harmonics, I like more with JR 64.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
kef q100 izotope maty - Google Search

Go to Google Images.

The first, when I was desesperate:

foobar2000 + iZotope RX 2 Hum Remover (VST plugin). Nordost QRT QV2. | Nauscopio Scipiorum

URL]

kef q100 izotope maty - Google Search

Go to Google Images.

The first, when I was desesperate:

foobar2000 + iZotope RX 2 Hum Remover (VST plugin). Nordost QRT QV2. | Nauscopio Scipiorum

[URL]https://i2.wp.com/maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/foobar2000/foobar2000-DSP_manager-iZotope_RX_2_Hum_Remover-50_200-8000.png[/URL][/QUOTE]

So what is your actual problem? 50/100 Hz mains hum? HF noise? Are you using an anti-hum plugin only for the low pass filtering at high frequencies?

Yes, only like a very good soft equalizer.

By the way, with 64 or 66 Hz the sound was worse than 65 Hz.

It seemed very coincidental that the woofer's resonance frequency was the same of the room.

From two weeks ago I have very very good sound. Why risk now with a new amplifier and in addition the technology as different and very fast as class D? It was illogical.

Yesterday, somewhere over the rainbow, I wrote:

I am an old Fidelizer Free user (I have my W10 Pro 64 bits very much optimized to play multimedia).

Today I have installed the new Fidelizer 8.0.0 (from the 7.10) and the improvement is evident from the first moment with the music that I always use for my tests. Fidelizer - Sound quality improvement solutions for everyone

I use Process Lasso too. These are my rules with multimedia process.

[URL]http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/soft/Process-lasso-rules-multimedia.png[/URL]

From ten days ago I use now J River Media Center [B]64 bits[/B]. With iZotope RX [B]6[/B] De hum VST plugin [B]64[/B] bits....[/QUOTE]

closed account
Joined 2007
The biggest problem with the toroidal is that there is flux leak where the cables go in and out. The transformed should have been rotated away from the circuitry, and indeed the hum is higher in the left channel, the one closest to the transformer.

It is not a real problem, since even with my relatively sensitive speakers there is no audible hum 60 cm from the speakers. I can add g-iron or graphite around the transformer but I am in no hurry.

The transformer itself is of very high quality, it is one of the most silent and vibration free I have even had in any audio equipment. Those used by Naim and Pardo were both smaller and noticeably noisier (mechanically).

Roberto

PS: the pic you linked is actually a 2.0 UP integrated. The difference is that you can see the two little pre amplifier boards with the resistor/relay based attenuation modules. They are not present in the 4.0 UP power amp.

Last edited:
The biggest problem with the toroidal is that there is flux leak where the cables go in and out. The transformed should have been rotated away from the circuitry, and indeed the hum is higher in the left channel, the one closest to the transformer...

One of my cheap tweaks: wrap the wiring with plumbing teflon and then the cover of a thick power cable.

Old picture, without the transformer shield with steel sheet. Look how close to EI transformer some cables were!

Plumbing teflon:

URL]

Last edited:
As seen in the photo, some cables are very close to the transformer.I put teflon and the cover there and I noticed improvement. Then I did it with the rest of the wiring and I did not notice any improvement.

It is cheaper and faster than replacing with audiophile cabling :)

After I I put a steel plate on top of the amplifier and new improvement.

[url]http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/AV-Marantz-SR4500-KEF-Q100-ATL-Hi-Fi-DCB-prototype-DC-Ripple-Blocker-x4-ME.jpg[/url]

Later, a piece of steel to attenuate the side radiation of the EI transformer, noticing a new improvement.

Cheap tweaks always.

closed account
Joined 2007
As seen in the photo, some cables are very close to the transformer.I put teflon and the cover there and I noticed improvement. Then I did it with the rest of the wiring and I did not notice any improvement.

It is cheaper and faster than replacing with audiophile cabling :)

After I I put a steel plate on top of the amplifier and new improvement.

[url]http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hum/AV-Marantz-SR4500-KEF-Q100-ATL-Hi-Fi-DCB-prototype-DC-Ripple-Blocker-x4-ME.jpg[/url]

Later, a piece of steel to attenuate the side radiation of the EI transformer, noticing a new improvement.

Cheap tweaks always.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you had put, say, some aluminium or copper foil in between and then a wire from there to the chassis ground, then I would have imagined something.

Of course there is always capacitive coupling between two conductive materials with some space in between, so also between a cable and, say, anything else. So by adding teflon and PVC tubing you are changing the dielectric, and thus the capacitance. But I would be extremely surprised it did anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.