Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Hypex NCore NC500 build
Hypex NCore NC500 build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2015, 05:02 PM   #21
Boggit is offline Boggit
diyAudio Member

They do! Milling machine over 1000 plus milling bits, Workspace, bench, storage, new temp controlled soldering irons parts etc. Next week I'm going to order a NC400 kit so I can develop a solution/kit for that with no guarantee of any orders.
Old 31st October 2015, 05:18 PM   #22
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggit View Post
PM sent
What does your input stage look like?

//
Old 31st October 2015, 06:26 PM   #23
ChocoHolic is offline ChocoHolic  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK View Post
I would expect a goverment required standard to be freely available from some goverment source
I am sharing your expectation that standards which have such high legal relevance should be available for everybody for free. But they aren't, they are protected by copyright and priced in a way which ensures that only few people will buy it. Even companies sometimes start to think twice. No further comment.
Some sources:
www.vde-verlag.de
Beuth Verlag - Beuth.de
Old 31st October 2015, 07:25 PM   #24
Boggit is offline Boggit
diyAudio Member

I shall be offering NC500 mono blocks for 999, stereo for less. We are Probally 2-3 weeks away for finished production product. We have an illuminated blue ring switch on the front panel. Will offer black, silver and veneered fronts all with contrasting aluminium details. Progress can be followed at We Build IPL Speakers. Build Hypex Amps & Sell Abrahamsen Audio
We will also offer NC400 kits and complete amps. We are a small company so will be able to offer some bespoke finishes so hope you like them, Colin
Old 31st October 2015, 07:36 PM   #25
kuribo is offline kuribo
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggit View Post
They do! Milling machine over 1000 plus milling bits, Workspace, bench, storage, new temp controlled soldering irons parts etc. Next week I'm going to order a NC400 kit so I can develop a solution/kit for that with no guarantee of any orders.

I thought nc400 was only available to private parties/end users for DIY use, not commercial entities/resellers??? Seems if you are an OEM selling nc500 you wouldn't qualify for reselling the nc400...
Old 31st October 2015, 09:07 PM   #26
Boggit is offline Boggit
diyAudio Member

No, they don't actively encourage it! The only reason I'm going to offer them is I've had many questions, how does the NC400 compare with the NC500? I can not answer that question honestly as I've not heard a NC400. There will alway be folks out there who want a NC400 based amp or kit. For me it makes sense but not for a tier 1 or 2 supplier.
Old 31st October 2015, 09:44 PM   #27
kuribo is offline kuribo
diyAudio Member

I thought they were quite clear in that they didn't just discourage it, they forbid it....??? Have you discussed this with them and received their approval???
Old 31st October 2015, 11:23 PM   #28
Boggit is offline Boggit
diyAudio Member

The only product I'm not allowed to sell for DIY kits is the NC500, but will check Monday, They appear on my OEM shop. Regardless I still need to order a couple in order to put together a case kit for them and to gauge how they sound compared with the NC500. My logic suggests it wont be a problem.
Old 1st November 2015, 12:01 AM   #29
ti33er is offline ti33er
diyAudio Member

For the nc400, maybe sell the case and PSU + all solder-necessary wires pre-soldered (like to the IEC mains socket and XLR connector - then people can just buy the nc400 module, screw it in and twist the speaker wires into the +\- terminals

Easypeasy and still DIY, no harm done

Glad to see someone is making sensible priced Hypex amps ...you are likely to receive negative comments to discredit this idea from Competitors, as I'm sure you're well aware :-)

It's time normal people can afford high end audio AND make the Planet Greener
Old 1st November 2015, 12:03 AM   #30
ti33er is offline ti33er
diyAudio Member

(For going Green I do applaud HYPEX....hoping to see Solar power Amps one day too hehe)

Hypex NCore NC500 buildHide this!Advertise here!