• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hypex NCore NC500 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The PCB's are scheduled to arrive with me on the 15th Jan from Euro Circuits. I then have to make a PCB's up. I have about 9 orders for amps with the new board fitted. These amps will be made up ready for adding the new boards. So hopefully start shipping week beginning the 18th. It takes about a day to build a pair of mono blocks including CNC all the panels. I have taken somebody on to help me and soon hope to speed this up.

I also have a Burson Conductor Virtuoso DAC Pre Amp on the way to evaluate. They are happy to sell and support OEM, so we can integrate this into our own case. If its good we will have a quick Pre Amp solution one that's been developed over many years. Unfortunately I'm not a design genius (brother designed the input board for me) I just put it all together and bring it to market at a reasonable price.

You've got it - I tried removing the first VR without sacrificing it first, heating from both sides. It seemed like no amount of heat was enough and I was worried about damaging surrounding components.
For the second VR I cut the pins and all went well, but the damage was already done...
I did read up as much as possible and practiced on some old junk boards, but sod's law and nerves guarantee you'll only make a mistake (or series of bad decisions) when it matters!
Anyway, I have a new stock input board arriving shortly from the gentleman at IQ, and I hope that the amp will come back to full reliability.

Its on its way and in Paris at the moment, the UPS guy came 4 hours early and caught me out Monday! Glad to of helped.

Again a very negative and argumentative approach. Please provide details of your implementation and design philosophy along with measurements.

And yes essentially all we have done is copy Bruno's design (with Hypex's consent and assistance) and implement Hypex's discrete Voltage regulators and offer a choice of high quality discrete Op Amps from the leaders in there very particular area of expertise. We are not re inventing the wheel just adding some rubber! Believe me the sound is a smile inducing improvement, my customers will, in the coming weeks testify to. If I did not believe this I would of canned the project. I have a reputation to build and they can have there money back!

Last edited:
Believe me the sound is a smile inducing improvement, my customers will, in the coming weeks testify to. If I did not believe this I would of canned the project. I have a reputation to build and they can have there money back!

Boggit,

Until now I have maintained a very positive attitude towards your project. Unfortunately this message caused a serious dent in my confidence. I had hoped that people adopting the ncore technology commercially would continue the science-driven, quality engineering approach that Bruno has shown - a nice change in a business mostly filled with marketing BS and resorting to worthless subjective "testimonials".

Julf it would of been easy to take the safe non conflicting approach to safeguard my commercial interests, however Bavmike is a good guy.
I'm not sure if anybody has correlated warm sounding to a particular measurement. As an engineer I would love to be able to present this a measurement as proof of this. I fully appreciate your approach and hate the HiFi *******, anybody calling me to discuss will testify! I can assure you selling lots of £310 upgrades would not make me happy until the customer writes to me and says wow "I love the sound" its as simple as that and I mean this from the heart, if they don't think there is an improvement they can have there money back. I love what I do and I love people sharing the enjoyment I got when hearing the difference, measured or not. I thoughly respect you approach and wish I could provide you with a warmth, texture and enjoyment measure.

Last edited:
I'm all for Boggit's new business project. I hope he is successful. It was good to see him react to bavmike' encouragement and support to introduce flexibility into his input buffer board. But I too also hope he takes the time - and presumably he can leverage the skills and access to equipment that his brother has - to make some measurements of the various input stage configurations. That might tempt others to provide designs that he might choose to implement/test...

Well it certainly livened the evening up and I'm glad we are all getting along now, thanks to everybody involved.
A friend of mine produces exotic valve amps and I'll arrange to get him to measure a standard amp against a upgraded one as soon as I can nail him down.
Pete%20Farrow%20Valve%20amp%20builds._zpsadqsklhg.jpg

Fair enough, and I might have come across unduly harsh, but I do think SGK's requests are reasonable.

Bob Carver came pretty close. :)

Appreciated, and good to hear. But part of my point is that Bruno went further - when he heard a difference, he figured out ways to measure, understand and control the difference. And I don't think it is unreasonable to try to do the same - the first step is to a) verify the differences are real, and b) see if they are measurable.
Unfortunately we are not all as skilled and talented as Bruno, or indeed working on the cutting edge, just the bleeding edge! at present! This product is aimed to make people happy and if it doesn't its not succeeded, in this very, very, very important measurement.
I'm not talking about a product you spent £1200 on and its only marginally better and if you are honest with yourself not worth the £1200 you just shelled out for in belief of the hype surrounding it. But a real wow this is wonderful. I get a buzz everyday from there reactions, Its one of my measurements and real.

This thread is called Vendors Bazaar

We have an angry old man here who thinks everything must be 1 way and 1 way only. The human race is made up of identical androids who all value the same ideals, eat the same foods and have the same taste in women.

Blue algae is a technically perfect superfood, however it hasn't caught on too well with mainstream food enthusiasts. I wonder why?

We have an angry old man here who thinks everything must be 1 way and 1 way only. The human race is made up of identical androids who all value the same ideals, eat the same foods and have the same taste in women.

Blue algae is a technically perfect superfood, however it hasn't caught on too well with mainstream food enthusiasts. I wonder why?

Wow! A whole forest of straw men! Anyone have a torch?

I am not angry just old

hypex ncore

I am not angry just old

I wasn't replying about you. Ha ha. I was referring to who you were quoting. Trying to make a point that personal preference is a big contributing factor to why people choose products. If you can customize to meet a variety of needs easily with a simple option like this, you will be able to appeal to a wider audience with the product.

But I think you are already onboard with this idea anyways.

Evening Chaps hope you are all enjoying the measurements! Thought I would share my first customer of the Veneered front panels a Professor of Ecology he ordered 3 mono blocks and a stereo unit for a 5.1 system driven by a NAD pre 5.1 thingy! Hope you appreciate the DIY'ness of the pic pretty proud of the finish it been difficult to perfect, a mixture of materials and surfaces that join and finish. They certainly are a talking point and a signature of what we do. Incidentally I got around to measure the power consumption requested and they are using 19.2W at idle. A customer also enquired if the new OP Amps would use more than the 20W he measured using a plug in gadget to measure power consumption.
IMG_1933_zpskwbczkcw.jpg

Hi! I live in Norway and I am searching for a hypex Ncore setup for my DIY speakers. I very much would like to get in contact with Boggit regarding my needs. Active Ncore inside the speakers would be preferable. The cabinets are large so I was curious about the hypex psc 2.400 but I am not entirely convinced about their sound. Apparently the Ucd modules are not as good as the Ncore. My speakers consists of two Seas alloy 17 cm midranges with Aurum Cantus G2Si ribbon tweeter in a d'appolito configuration. Finally I have two vifa pl22 long throw woofers on each side of the cabinet. Width is an issue so the PSC 2.700 is beyond reach. Any information on Ncore setup inside a cabinet is much appreciated.

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

look for north & Ncore in Google ! Unluckilly as Ncore seems too much damped (sound) to be true, he sells now a buffer pcb with tulipe dip connector for the input stage at the incredible price of 1/3 more than the first finished amp without it : expensive : don't glue to the low price he keeped low, but not anymore !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.