Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

THAT Driver :: A minimalistic differential driver / preamp with 0.000021 % THD
THAT Driver :: A minimalistic differential driver / preamp with 0.000021 % THD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2019, 12:48 AM   #161
wcwc is offline wcwc  United States
diyAudio Member

On my THAT driver boards that I have, I am supplying +/- 15V. One will be in a phono preamp, one in a DAC, and the other one I haven’t determined what to use it for. I am using the regulator in one of my THAT driver boards since I am using it in an amp with the correct power input.

The issue with the power regulators is where are you going to be using the boards. Works Ok in an amp, but not as well in a preamp or DAC where most voltages are 15V or below. So if I have to rectify the AC to feed into the regulator on the THAT board, it is just as easy to add a regulator that can rectify the voltage and provide the bipolar voltage required.
Old 18th July 2019, 01:54 AM   #162
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yeah... I could also make a little SMPS+regulator board optimized for preamps. That could then be used for the Universal Buffer.

Tom

THAT Driver :: A minimalistic differential driver / preamp with 0.000021 % THDHide this!Advertise here!