• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Tonight I finished assembling Mirand A1V12 in a new case (Cresnet SMPS Audio SMPS units for sale). And again I am very happy with this amplifier, it is my favorite in the AB class:) And this is the first time I have listened to it with Mirand DAC 1.2a, USBbridge sig, Sghanti. Exceptional! And many thanks to Sonny !!!

Nice setup as usual, just saw your post!

Hello everyone,

Just a few questions about the Mirand A1 v1.2 amplifier.

- In the user manual, bias setup, do we reference J21 and J23 to GND when setting trimmer or do we measure across J21 and J23 and trim? What I've done was reference to GND but just want to make sure. Bias seems to jump +/-5mA continuously, is that a normal behavior? DC offset is perfect and sine wave output seems normal.

- What is the optimal input cap value 2.2uF / 3.3uF? Can we omit input cap?

- If using the XLR input board, the 3 pin input connector is not labelled with +/-/gnd, I found out that center pin is gnd by probing and looking at Vitalie's pictures (which was hard to see the connection), if looking at the PCB from the input side, from left to right, left being pin 1 for this scenario:
1 = (-) or cold
2 = (gnd)
3 = (+) or hot
Is that correct? There's no documentation for the XLR input PCB...

Thanks
Do